Are you a creative graphic designer who wants to take the next step in your career to work with a team of designers and freelancers - sharing ideas, concepts and inputs? Do you want to be a team leader who suggests new ways to expand the brand and develop eye-catching and engaging assets to promote lifelong learning? Do you long to expand your skills in motion graphics, video production and interactive assets? Are you excited to work for a mission-driven company with a fun brand and an accepting culture? Then join Degreed. We are looking for a creative, accomplished, senior graphic designer with 5-7 years of experience working for an agency or technology company who is able to take projects and ideate with the team, holding true to the Degreed brand. We are seeking a visual storyteller who has a passion and point of view on our brand - where it has been and where it could go. You have an amazing command of best practices in design, proficiency in Adobe and Asana, and a positive attitude to tackle challenges every day. We also are looking for someone who enjoys promoting our employee culture of lifelong learning, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB), and Good Deeds at Degreed.
Day in the Life
This Senior Graphic Designer position is an upper-level working role, part of a team approach working with other designers, freelancers, our Art Director, and the Creative Manager of Brand Studio on a variety of projects and assignments. Assignments primarily come from the Creative Manager through the project management tool, Asana. Our ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed, critical thinking skills, able to process, react to and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
- Guide and advise fellow employees in both the creative process and project management to foster stronger working relationships and solutions with designers, freelancers and members of the marketing team, etc.
- Coach on creative process and ensuring on-time delivery of projects.
- Communicate and facilitate the art direction and formatting of design deliverables and produce necessary marketing pieces in both print and digital environments for a wide range of projects.
- Collaborate internally across marketing, people teams, product and Business Resource Groups (BRGs) to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms.
- Keep up-to-date and informed on the latest trends and best practices in design, marketing and social media.
- Report to and work closely with the Brand Studio, Creative Manager to create campaign designs, event themes, infographics, case studies, interactive graphics, email headers, one pagers and demand generation assets that will make Degreed stand out in the marketplace.
- Support web team with graphics to be used on Degreed.com and landing pages used for events and demand generation.
- Lead and guide creative team members, contractors and agencies to visualize creative solutions for future campaigns.
- Conceptualize, plan, design and produce a wide range of specialized graphics, videos and/or illustrative material against the set strategic brief.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant certifications or training in Design, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Creative expertise brought to life with all the right tools: Outstanding talent and skills in digital content creation tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Cinema 4D, Octane, Redshift, Asana, and presentation tools such as Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Slides, and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing brand concepts, and designing for everything from web to ads to event concepts and demand generation content.
- Experience working with a very people-centric, playful brand
What Sets You Apart
- Ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing a changing workload.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy interacting and collaborating with peers and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, follow through and open communication with stakeholders.
- Creative spirit who appreciates and craves a culture of lifelong learning and working together.
- Visual storyteller who loves to learn something new.
Total Rewards at Degreed
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic