About Def Method
We are generalist software engineering and product management consultants committed to building the best software company we can by delivering excellent results for our customers. We apply user-centered design, lean, and agile software development principles to help our customers create valuable products, and are always refining our craft.
Value prop of this role
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer (7+ years experience) to join the team.
Def Method builds a range of products for our clients, varying from greenfield applications for startups to well-established products across various industries.
An estimate of how you’ll spend your time
- Practice - 50%
- Problem solve, think big, and explore concepts and ideas in order to design valuable, cohesive, delightful, and empathetic user experiences.
- Lead user research and experimentation initiatives, partnering with Product and Engineering to hone in on problems that are worth solving and solutions that will resonate with users.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from users, team members, and stakeholders.
- Influence the product with research and data.
- Create UX designs and prototypes and UI mock-ups, including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups, and user journeys.
- Work with your team to develop extensible design systems, patterns and libraries.
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities to push the product forward.
- Tactical - 40%
- Facilitate product discovery and development on client projects, act as design advisor to our customers and consultants, and provide additional project support as needed
- Operations - 10%
- Represent design in sales conversations and scoping work.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong, clear communication and presentation skills. You will be expected to present design strategies to your team, clients and the executive team.
- Passion for building intuitive, positive experiences for users.
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other tools used for visual and interaction designs.
- Familiarity with complete UX/UI research and development process from wireframing to designing a shippable product.
- Experience writing user interview scripts and conducting user interviews including exploratory, validation, and usability interviews.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Experience translating your designs in HTML and CSS is a big plus.
- Your professional desire for continuous learning, a breadth of experiences, and a hunger to learn and discover new ideas, products, and processes.
- Your bias for user-centered, collaborative, lightweight process and tight feedback loops.
- 7+ years of relevant UI/UX design work & experience
- Your ability to give honest, unflinching, and respectful analysis to our customers, employees, and the leadership team.
Why we love working here
- We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers and expanding the range of experiences and perspectives that shape our work.
- Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget.
- Great pay and benefits — comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation time and minimal travel (if at all).
- Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020.