At Google DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
This is a chance for someone enthusiastic and creative to make a difference in a complex, mission-driven company. Working closely with the wider Internal Communications team, this person will support our editorial and communications strategies and the delivery of our key projects, programs and changes to help bring our mission and strategy to life!
We’re a dedicated scientific community, committed to “solving intelligence” and ensuring our technology is used for widespread public benefit.
We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared freely. We don’t set limits based on what others think is possible or impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire each other to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals.
We constantly iterate on our workplace experience with the goal of ensuring it encourages a balanced life. From excellent office facilities through to extensive manager support, we strive to support our people and their needs as effectively as possible.
Our list of benefits is extensive, and we’re happy to discuss this further throughout the interview process!
You’ll be part of the internal comms team but will work with cross-functional teams across all of Google DeepMind.
This role is offered as a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months.
This is an opportunity to apply your creative thinking, fast-paced delivery and excellent judgement.
- Support effective day-to-day internal communications at Google DeepMind.
- Partner with the wider internal comms team to help communicate Google DeepMind’s mission, achievements, initiatives, successes and challenges.
- Advise internal stakeholders on their approaches to internal communications.
- Lead the creative delivery of Google DeepMind’s company-wide newsletter and oversee the production of other org-area newsletters across Google DeepMind.
- Support on internal events such as Town Halls and All Hands, attended by thousands of people across multiple offices.
- Create regular and up-to-date content for internal channels and platforms including newsletters, screens, and posters.
- Keep the internal comms team playbook and guidelines for stakeholders up-to-date.
- Proactively ensure internal comms trackers (e.g. calendars and metrics) are up-to-date and accurate.
- Review and triage questions and requests from other Google DeepMind teams for the internal comms team, including leading our team office hours.
- Help find and shape innovative ways to engage employees and build a shared culture.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and tools to engage and measure internal comms activity.
- You have experience working with a communications team.
- You are adept at writing and editing, and can give examples of how you've adapted your style depending on the audience and channel.
- You can build holistic and strategic internal comms plans for projects and launches.
- You take a flexible, hands-on approach, including creating content and supporting internal comms strategies.
- You have experience managing projects.
- You enjoy environments where you can implement creative ideas.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to write informative and engaging messages.
- You’re proactive and see what needs to be done, whilst also being flexible and skilled at working in a reactive manner when necessary.
- You enjoy spending time with people, building relationships, collaborating on projects, and being part of a team.
- You act with discretion and diplomacy and instil trust with everyone you interact with.
- You can be counted on to be reliable and helpful with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You’re versatile and willing to learn.
Competitive salary applies.