At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
At DeepMind we've built a unique culture and work environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our special interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and we have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
As Post Production Specialist you will play a key role in the AV engineering team working to deliver DeepMinds mission to our audiences both internal and external using world class broadcast technology and setting the standard for content output.
The role reports to the Technical Production Operations Manager and is based in London.
- Partner with wider DeepMind teams to produce content briefs and deliver on high profile and often confidential content for both internal and external facing audiences
- Work with vendor managed editors to manage the workflow of content coming in and out of the department
- Ensure in house styles are adhered to by both DeepMind and vendor editors, suggest improvements and own relevant documentation
- Manage content archives and security protocols across all content flow within the department
- Lead the implementation of a new content asset management system for use across DeepMind, playing a pivotal role in the design, deployment and product ownership whilst consistently enhancing the tool to meet business needs
- Mentor additional post production staff and ensure consistency of output across the team
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and budget whilst project managing jobs to completion
- Identify best practices for video edits and evolve daily operations as necessary
- Experience of adapting content for a range of platforms including streaming and social media applications
- Essential: demonstrated skills and experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, YouTube Live and Google Meet applications
- Essential: demonstrated skills and experience using Mac platform and AJA Ki Pro Ultra hard disc recorders
- Essential: extensive knowledge of broadcast video standards and content delivery mechanisms
- Knowledge of the EVS platform an advantage as well as experience with large nearline storage systems
- Knowledge of studio and production equipment and best practices including camera and lighting setups
- Excellent organisation, planning, and communication skills
- Ability to stay curious and challenge processes and technology; look for ways to streamline and provide cost/resource efficiencies
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines