At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
At DeepMind, we relate our success directly to creating an outstanding workplace environment where work can thrive. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking an experienced Workplace manager to join us. As an ideal candidate, you’ll be passionate about delivering a high-end 5* service. With previous experience in hotel, retail, office or related environments, you will have a proven track record in multi-site, multi-service environment, excellent stakeholder skills and experience in heading up transformative programmes. You’ll have demonstrated experience in operations covering multi-building, regional or international areas. You are an excellent communicator and will be driven by the pursuance of excellence and looking for ways to improve at all turns. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward creating an outstanding experience.
In this role you will develop operational plans to align with our wider workplace goals and objectives whilst also leading, managing and developing a diverse team of workplace managers and strategic partners to deliver on these defined goals.
You will review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, create innovative approaches for improvement and establishing a motivated, collaborative and inspiring work environment. You will seek out new opportunities for innovation and collaboration that are aligned with an exceptional workplace experience, upholding standards of excellence and soaring quality.
- Focussed on the delivery of day-to-day operations, ensuring they are delivered to an outstanding standard, assigning regular performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and develop high-performing people to achieve team and organisational objectives
- Provide mentorship and feedback to others, sharing knowledge and developing skill sets
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Champion and lead by example ensuring all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values are clear
You will be experienced in operational delivery with experience as a people manager. Calm under pressure, you are proactive, solutions orientated and flexible. You enjoy building trusting relationships with an ability to develop, motivate and lead people. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Experience developing and maintaining budgets
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Ability to establish relationships across all levels with internal and external partners.
- Experience working on cross functional initiatives end-to-end. From conceptualisation to delivery / adoption
- Experience with vendor management
- Comfortable with regular international travel
- Experienced project and/or change management, ideally across workplace projects/programmes
Preferred (non-essential) Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent qualification in business management, operations or related field
- Previous performance evaluation experience
- Experience from a range of industries such as hospitality, retail as well as workplace welcome.
- Working knowledge of human resources processes