At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know
DeepMind has a remarkable track record of scientific breakthroughs. Such extraordinary work is a direct result of the brilliant and diverse people we bring together. Our People & Culture team work together to maintain, optimise, and nurture our culture to create the best environment in the world for advancing AI research. A place where everyone’s expertise is recognised and where everyone is continually learning and supported to be the best leaders, managers, and collaborators they can be.
We’re a dedicated scientific community, committed to “solving intelligence” and ensuring our technology is used for widespread public benefit.
We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared freely. We don’t set limits based on what others think is possible or impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire each other to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals.
We constantly iterate on our workplace experience with the goal of ensuring it encourages a balanced life. From excellent office facilities through to extensive manager support, we strive to support our people and their needs as effectively as possible.
Our list of benefits is extensive, and we’re happy to discuss this further throughout the interview process.
As an Employee Relations Partner, you will be advising on the relationship between the organisation and its people by delivering high quality and transparent practices, in line with relevant law. This is an exciting and varied specialist role which aims to make a real difference in handling issues at an individual level.
- Crafting and delivering people practises which develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Solving HR and policy issues, anything from handling long term sickness to working on a disciplinary investigation which includes advising on best practice and note-taking responsibilities, to assisting in the management of poor performance.
- Supporting large-scale change programmes, and being a point of contact for topics such as organisational restructures, maternity and paternity, sickness absence.
- Helping ensure our employee handbook, policies and code of conduct are up to date, legally compliant and reflect our culture and ways of working. .
- Identifying and implementing appropriate reporting mechanisms for employee relations cases, both informal and formal.
- Partnering closely with Learning and People Partners to ensure managers are equipped to support with people challenges in a fair and effective way, and to enable you to build strong relationships across the organisation.
- You’ll mainly cover the UK Legal Jurisdictions but will also advise and support US, Canada or France teams.
- You are driven by fairness, high quality delivery and standards, and care deeply about people.
- When handling people issues, you efficiently navigate legal, cultural and business risks and tensions.
- You enjoy conflict management and problem solving.
- You have experience of handling investigation and disciplinary processes.
- You enjoy learning about and working within non-UK legal jurisdictions.
- You have change management experience.
- You hold a solid understanding of organisational culture. Different work environments pose different challenges for people, so too does the ever-changing nature of our organisation as we grow, scale, and evolve.
- You proactively ensure your Employment Law expertise is up-to-date.
- Taking the learning opportunities after each case you support, you possess a continuous improvement approach