Decoded, now part of Media.Monks and S4Capital, is a full-funnel marketing, advertising and design company creating breakthrough campaigns with unrivaled performance. Challenging convention, it took some of the best talent from strategy, creative, media, design and the DTC world and put together a new way of working to bridge the gap between meaningful storytelling, data-led optimizations and commerce. Decoded services global clients like T-Mobile, Intuit, Visa, CareerBuilder and SC Johnson from its offices in New York and Los Angeles.
Data Solutions Manager
at Decoded (a Media.Monks company)
New York, NY
About the Role
The Data Solutions team is responsible for automation and scaling of the data analysis & reporting efforts for Decoded Media. The Data Solutions manager will work hand-in-hand with our client-facing teams to capture reporting requirements, optimize media taxonomies, translate media data into client-friendly insights, and develop fully automated reports & dashboards. This individual will have the flexibility to leverage any combination of our data lake, Google BigQuery and R/Python coding in order to deliver on this objective.
With expertise in automation and dashboarding, you will be a key technical consultant and architect of transforming raw data into actionable insights. Working cross-functionally, you will frequently interact with our Media Solutions & Activation teams to ideate, develop, and iterate on all key data projects across Decoded Media’s book of business.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on the Media Solutions & Activation teams to understand the existing reporting landscape and capture requirements for all automated reporting.
- Build and maintain client-facing dashboards in Google Data Studio.
- Develop R and/or Python code to load/transform/merge datasets & conduct analysis of media and creative data.
- Lead QA of reporting inputs & outputs to proactively identify & resolve any potential data issues.
- Develop products that can be used by Decoded Media’s client teams to facilitate their own self-service reporting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data & analytics roles
- Technical expertise in SQL and Python or R; strong proficiency in Excel
- Prior experience in dashboard development via Google Data Studio or similar dashboarding tools (Tableau, Datorama, etc.)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated record of excelling in previous roles & responsibilities
- Aptitude and dedication to thrive in a dynamic and deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience)
- Prior experience within digital/social marketing data is a strong plus
- We are one of the fastest growing agencies in the US
- Amazing clients from Fortune 100 household brands to disruptive start-ups
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
OUR BENEFITS AND PERK OFFERINGS:
- Competitive Salaries
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- 3% 401k employer match from the start
- Unlimited PTO and Summer Fridays
- Career Training and learning opportunities
- Generous Fully Paid Parental leave
- Relaxed Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Work From Home, WiFi & Mobile Stipend
We don’t want more of us, we need more of you. Because building something new requires new inputs, perspectives, personalities, skill sets. Helmets available upon request.
Adventures don’t start with answers. We move forward by questioning, wondering and learning. We ask “why” and “what if.” Together, we’ll discover what’s next for creativity, media and marketing.
BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO FAIL.
Innovation requires experimentation. Experimentation relishes failure. With a bias toward action, leaps of faith and even some discomfort, chase down ideas, try new things – we got you.
IDEAS OVER EGOS.
In order to uncover what works, we need to make. A lot. So we put ideas above all else: titles, egos, pedigree be damned. We all work in service of great ideas.
TAKE PRIDE IN EVERYTHING YOU.
This is our company. Everything you do represents all of us. Obsess the details, sweat the charts, invest in your ideas. Let’s build something to be proud of, piece by piece.