We’re looking for an experienced Staff Full Stack Engineer to support the growth of our unique business. You’ll work closely with multi-disciplinary teams (product managers, engineers, support specialists, data scientists) to build our digital services with the needs of our customers at the heart. We’ll look to you lead on implementing our strategy, build high performing remote teams, mentor our full stack engineers and foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to hear from you. Our Full Stack Engineers are embedded as experts in agile multi-disciplinary feature teams, and they’re part of a larger Engineering team that takes on all development work for our product.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable applications to meet our company’s needs, ensuring system consistency in application design, implementation and user experience.
- Lead in development and maintenance of secure, scalable, resilient code using an Agile/Scrum TDD approach.
- Lead on improvement of our coding standards and processes and ensure you’re role modelling good practice.
- Line managing, coaching & mentoring full stack engineers; including task management.
- Participate in the entire DevOps lifecycle
- Be part of management team for the Engineering department
- Manage & provide on call technical support as part of a sensible rota.
- Providing guidance and system design support in line with your skillset.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Manage and research cutting-edge technologies to improve our solutions
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to junior members
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with wider team to identify new features
- Manage and guide development of junior full stack engineers
- Follow emerging technologies
- Write and own functional requirement documents and guides for your area
- Manage the creation of quality mock-ups and prototypes
- Ensure high quality design standards and brand consistency
- Experience leading software engineering in multi-disciplinary agile/DevOps environments
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Proven work experience as a senior level Full Stack Engineer supported by a portfolio of personal and/or professional projects.
- Familiarity with containerisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth understanding of the entire DevOps lifecycle and associated technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Git etc.)
- Proven skill with Java and one of more of the following; Python, C, C++, PHP
- Hands on experience with web server technology (NGINX specifically)
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Familiarity with Agile SCRUM/LEAN
- Understanding of layout aesthetics (high level UI/UX)
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
This is a unique opportunity to lead our Engineering team in Colombia whilst contributing value to the wider Engineering department. To be considered for this role, you must have clear English communication and a strong command of the English language.