Improving the on-line experience of millions of people takes great expertise, and our customers expect that product to run smoothly, being available whenever they wish to use it. That’s why we’re growing our software engineering teams substantially. To achieve that we’re going to add several top-notch DevOps Engineers to our team.
For us, our DevOps Engineers are the master of deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the virtual infrastructure running in AWS.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for developing automation to ensure software development process runs smoothly and our infrastructure is robust and performant enough to meets our client expectations. You would be expected to monitor our supporting infrastructure and head off capacity issues using automation and auto scaling design patterns.
In this role you will work closely with our Mobile team based in Madrid, supporting the creation and testing of SDKs and Apps, and managing their continuous integrations and deployment pipelines.
Reporting into our Staff DevOps Engineer, Simara, you’ll be based in Spain, able to work remotely and have experienced and knowledgeable in several of the following areas:
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Cloud: experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, S3 etc.)
- Experience with the Hashicorp stack, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins & ELK stack
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus, but not essential.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Linux system administration.
- Strong Programming skills (Python, Java etc.).
- Experience administrating version control systems such as GitLab.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols/services.
- Knowledge of iOS and/or Android deployment and testing frameworks like Fastlane, Testflight or other alternatives
- Knowledge of iOS package managers like CocoaPods, Swift or Xcframeworks
- Deployments to repositories like Bintray, JCenter, Maven Central
- iOS-specific tools: Xcode Commands Tools
- Android-specific tools: Android AVD Manager, Android SDK Manager, Android Studio, Android libraries (.aar)
This is a technical role so be successful you'll already have developed, maintained & improved automation framework's and gained hands-on experience with public cloud infrastructure; we use AWS but any is fine. A working knowledge of MySQL for database configuration would be helpful too, but understanding of any relational storage system is fine. If you've had the chance to explore platform design/configuration with a security focus this definitely a plus, but not essential.
Our DevOps team is small, talented and distributed across multiple sites (London, Madrid and Denver) so help is on hand across the different time zones.
If this sounds like an opportunity fit for you, then come make your mark!