Decibel is an early-stage, fast-growing SaaS business in the digital customer experience and insights market, with offices in the US and UK. We have some of the largest companies in the world as clients and, with ambitious plans to grow even quicker.
We’re on the lookout for a highly qualified Senior Legal Counsel to oversee all legal aspects of our global business, partnering with business leaders to understand operating issues and to produce viable solutions safeguarding our reputation and operating future.
From negotiating customer contracts, drafting mid-market and enterprise level commercial agreements, managing external US/UK attorneys, to IP management, no two days will be the same.
Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer and located in either US (ideally East coast) or UK however for the time being this role will be deemed remote, you’ll have responsibility for:
- Manage and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and client requirements, and support various business units.
- Review, draft and adapt various types of commercial agreements, including software, technology and data licensing agreements, as well as purchasing/vendor contracts to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide practical advice, guidance and support to business units to ensure that the interests of the business are protected, supported and are in compliance with applicable laws.
- Periodically review and adapt our customer contracts to new customer segments, new geographies, new partner types, and other go-to-market activities.
- Develop our IP strategy, including providing advice on valuable intellectual property rights such as patents, technical data, trade secrets, licenses, copyrights and trademarks, as well as assistance on patent applications and invention management.
- Conduct legal, technical and scientific research and gather evidence. Interpret intellectual property laws, rulings and regulations. Provide protection of the Company's intellectual property by enforcing statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Explain, clarify and simplify complex technical information to business leaders.
- Provide protection of the Company's intellectual property by securing intellectual property rights and patent protection.
- Monitor research and development activities for the identification of inventions and potential external claims for compensation.
- Manage external US and UK attorneys.
- Draft review and update employment documentation including letters, policies and any other as required on specific cases.
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows for contract management.
- Manage the capitalization table, including company stock and option programs.
Its likely you will have worked in a similar role with a remit spanning ideally US & UK locations, supporting executive leaders on all legal matters including contract management, IP Management, Stock Option administration and other operating challenges such as employment law, licencing agreements, compliance across the operating business. Ideally, you’ll have knowledge of working in-house and possibly in a start-up, early-stage, or SME environment.
Some qualifications we would like to see: Law degree, specific law related qualifications and added to law register
You’ll be a natural leader who displays sound judgement and attention to detail. Able to break complex legal information in to simplified forms for others and able to juggle multiple projects at anyone time.
We have on offer a salary aligned to current market conditions along with being added to our bonus scheme. Our benefits package consists of; contributory pension scheme or 401K program, which we will match your contribution up to 5%. We also offer life assurance, critical illness, medial insurance, dental, income protection, enhanced maternity/paternity plus social events, food and snacks with more to come..
If this sound like a role you could get your teeth into, then let’s get going!