Deborah Berke Partners is an architecture and interior design practice that for over thirty years has made true-to-place projects around the country and the world. Each member of our design leadership possesses a deep and distinct area of expertise; together we create projects with unprecedented programs and unexpected architectural expression. Over time, we have built a wide range of experience in projects for colleges and universities, cultural institutions, private residences, boutique hotels, office and multifamily developments, and buildings for mission-driven clients.
We seek a Business Development Manager to manage the firm's business development activities, leading to new-business opportunities across the full range of the firm’s project areas. The successful candidate has a strong interest in architecture and a demonstrated talent for new business, marketing, and communications activities. The Business Development Manager will work collaboratively with the firm’s leadership and architects and designers to track and respond to RFP/RFQs, identify new business opportunities, manage our communications strategies, and implement our marketing activities.
- Work with firm leadership to define the strategic goals, consistent with the firm’s brand message, that will guide all Business Development activities;
- New Business: receive inquiries for new business (primarily RFQs/RFPs), collaborate with firm leadership to strategize responses, and manage Business Development team’s preparation of responses;
- New Business: work with leadership to strategize and implement initiatives;
- New Business: manage and use contact database to maintain client and collaborator relationships.
- Communications: manage communications and marketing activities with assistance of communications staff;
- Communications: set goals and calendar for growth and maintenance of firm’s marketing content, such as project photography, drawings, and texts.
- 3+ years in a marketing position, preferably in an architecture or design firm;
- Strong interest in architecture and design;
- Skill in managing multiple weekly Business Development activities, including managing deadlines and assignments of others contributing to these activities;
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Microsoft Word, and Excel required. Experience with contact databases, e.g. Filemaker Pro;
- Excellent graphic, communication and organizational skills;
- Proactivity; candidates should be self-disciplined and confident in a fast-paced working environment, with good interpersonal skills. A willingness to collaborate with and direct others; candidates should be detail-oriented, accurate and hands-on, a self-starter;
- You must possess all legal permits and visas required to work in the U.S. and be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Pride for our employee’s diverse backgrounds and interests within a community of inclusivity.
- Passion for the creative community. We regularly host art exhibitions, book signings, and lectures in our studio.
- Commitment to healthy and balanced lifestyles by offering comprehensive benefits including a very competitive health care plan, dental, and vision plans, as well as commuter benefits, Corporate Gym Membership program, and enrollment into a 401k retirement plan.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave policies.
- Encouragement of professional development through reimbursement of certain licensures, exams, classes, and professional memberships and events.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Only candidates whose skills match the minimum requirements above should apply.