Customer Support Agent
Inventory & Syndication Analyst
Bilingual English - French
Location: Montréal, QC
Founded in 2003, D2C Media Inc. provides over 1,000 automotive dealerships across Canada with technology and digital solutions, including websites, media services, customer relationship management software, outsourced virtual business development centers, and reputation management services. D2C Media is consistently recognized as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and is committed to pushing the limits of what's currently possible with innovative solutions that drive online conversions and help automotive dealers measure the success of their investments. As a testament to our track record for success, we were recently acquired for over $100M by Cars Commerce Inc. (NYSE: CARS). https://www.d2cmedia.ca/
The Inventory & Syndication Analyst position provides the second (and sometimes first) level of support contact to stakeholders, both internal & external. With each interaction, the Inventory Analyst must lead with a high level of curiosity to gain a detailed understanding of the request / problem, and provide technical and/or service-based solutions that meet the client’s needs. The role is highly technical and requires close attention to attention to detail. The candidate who fills this role will be expected to learn quickly and, in short succession, begin leading interactions with clients & third-parties as required. The role is defined as “remote - hybrid”. You will be expected to work from the office initially while being trained and brought up to speed. The office is located in Griffintown, Montréal.
In addition to financial compensation, benefits include:
- 18 days of paid time off
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance plan, includes vision care
- Monthly stipend to put towards home office improvements
- Mac or Windows equipment (employee’s choice)
- Complimentary underground parking is available at our head office on request
- Complimentary coffee & snacks are available at our head office
- Flexible scheduling is available
Tasks you can expect to perform daily include, but are not limited to:
- Configuration of FTP accounts
- QA of imported & exported inventory data. CSV & XML
- Host onboarding calls with clients to identify the appropriate technical setup requirements
- Troubleshoot & analyze support requests sent into the team by clients, sales, and escalations from L1 support.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for helping the organization create frictionless support experiences that resolve requests within the established company SLAs. The Inventory Analyst also manages any necessary escalations to SMEs and/or Product Owners. As an Inventory Analyst, you will be in constant contact with clients and internal teams (sales, dev-ops, marketing, etc). You should feel comfortable with and motivated by working in a high-volume, high-stakes environment, as well as communicating seamlessly through appropriate channels (email, phone, slack & in-person meetings).
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (Comp-sci, BTM, etc) OR equivalent work experience
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in a technical environment
- Helpdesk experience / IT Service Desk experience is considered an asset
- Experience in the automotive, telecom, or travel industry a plus
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle a high volume of support-related inquiries with a high level of professionalism in verbal and written communication. English & French are a must.
- Ability to quickly and effectively recognize a problem, determine the cause, take appropriate action and follow-up
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to actively listen and provide support by questioning through curiosity to gain a complete understanding of customer needs
- Ability to quickly learn technical products and functions with an interest in understanding software, retailing and marketing-based service solutions for the automotive industry
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with others and adjust to different communication styles. Can easily interact with both colleagues and customers.
- Ability to diffuse high-tension situations comfortably
- Ability to multi-task and use time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work with various web platforms, including Zoho, Jira, BrowserStack, Wikis, etc.
- Skillful at embracing change, with a strong desire to adapt and learn in a fast-paced, constantly evolving industry
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Resolve incoming or scheduled requests within the company SLA promise to maximize customer satisfaction
- Intake technical product support requests from customers through various channels, primarily inbound email as well as inbound phone calls & call-back requests.
- Troubleshoot complex product-related issues.
- Escalate more complex issues to higher-level support teams and/or management, and de-escalate customers as needed.
- Provide quality service to customers in accordance with the department’s guidelines and policies.
- Take a high rate of inbound contacts and provide a high level of engagement with the customers to assist them with a resolution to their product-related issue(s).
- Stay aligned with internal knowledge sharing, platforms and training processes to answer customer questions accurately and maintain personal skills.
- Use advanced product knowledge to educate customers on product features or additional services to meet their needs.
- Support data maintenance and hygiene by accurately documenting customer interactions and adding notes in all applicable systems.
- Be a steward of our customer experience by communicating process, system or technical improvement opportunities to Management or to the Product Team.
- Acquire technical and service certifications as required.
- Understand website package levels and set appropriate client expectations; identify consultative upsell opportunities and hand off to Managed Services, Performance Management or Sales as appropriate
- Complete personal and department-assigned goals.