Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
The Sr Manager of Support Development is responsible for leading the entire Support Development team responsible for execution of client requests, bug fixes, updates, and maintenance on production WordPress websites. Working out of our support desk system, this role would lead software-developers that are responsible for interacting with clients, troubleshooting issues, building custom functionality and addressing front-end display problems. This team also serves as a knowledge resource for teams with less technical background. As a Sr. Manager, this person is responsible for root cause analysis, KPI maintenance and SLA adherence. Through a strong technical background and exemplary leadership skills, this role will work cross functionally with key stakeholders to maintain a high level of service while removing key blockers from the team's success. Working with our clients to identify client needs and areas of opportunity to grow the department are critical to the success of this role. This individual will also serve as a coach to a team of Supervisors to drive continuous improvements while applying active mentorship and team member development to advance the skills and capabilities of the team members and the organization. They should have a passion for people/customer leadership and a demonstrated ability to drive collaboration and partnership with our core engineering team and other cross-functional partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide coaching, mentorship and support to a team of supervisors
- Partner with support leadership to drive a mission and vision for a large team that is motivating and encouraging to the organization while focused on results
- Maintain a high degree of partnership with leadership cross-functionally, especially our technology and product organizations and sales.
- Create proactive recommendations to influence the strategy for long-term customer support evolution and work with leaders to drive individual contributions. This includes organizational objectives to reduce cost to serve and continue to maintain high dealer and client delight.
- Set team benchmarks and measurement methodologies in partnership with other Senior support leaders to continue to elevate our customer/team experiences.
- Review case/performance trends provided by leadership on a monthly cadence and level up data to drive organizational optimization
- Manage resource distribution, ensuring talent is aligned correctly to the needs of the business, balanced appropriately across leaders and that the hiring/staffing strategy supports optimization targets for both client satisfaction and costs.
- Create and manage performance dashboards for the department in partnership with Business Operations/CRM teams
- Influences creation and necessary evolution of team job descriptions
- Maintains a prioritized list of roadmap support items in partnership with our technology teams
- Creates and maintains a team learning and development plan that addresses training opportunities for a collective unit alongside individualized coaching plans
- Stay on top of trends in support practices, technology automation and/or industry specific technology enhancements
- Work with different departments to identify patterns and opportunities to improve execution within Support Development
- Course correct behavior when issues are unveiled. If this leads to needing to set up a Performance Improvement Plan, working through closely with leadership, HR and the team member to get behavior corrected.
- Support career pathing for direct reports to ensure they are set up for success and understanding of professional growth opportunities
- College degree or equivalent education experience required
- 1-2 years of previous strategic, high-level management experience or relevant job examples demonstrating similar competencies
- Strong root cause analysis capabilities
- High level of competency with technology platforms and software systems
- Leadership and mentoring skills for career development of the team.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with cross functional stakeholders and clients.
- Experience with Salesforce and Slack
- Critical thinking to analyze trends, maintain strong work flows and big picture thinking to make structural and systemic changes.
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP.
- Understanding of WordPress and experience building Wordpress themes.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Git
- Expertise in with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Expertise in building and testing responsive sites.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Fast learner and interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure. Seeks to find the solution regardless of what it takes
- Financial acumen to manage a budget & resourcing needs
- Experience with change leadership
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel - a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.