Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
The Sr. Manager, Solutions Engineering position is responsible for support operations across our automotive client base spanning multiple teams. This position will provide direct leadership to Supervisors and drive performance across multiple teams and OEM programs. This individual will serve as a coach to a team of Supervisors to drive continuous improvements while applying active mentorship and team member development to advance the skills and capabilities of the team members and the organization. The incumbent should have a passion for people/customer leadership, and a demonstrated ability to drive scalable business processes and workforce management techniques that are driven by data to level-up performance results for the organization.
Education & Experience
- College degree or equivalent education experience required
- At least 6+ years of customer service or call center experience necessary
- 1-2 years of previous strategic, high-level management experience or relevant job examples demonstrating similar competencies
- Experience in the Automotive, SaaS or MarTech industries
- B2B customer support experience
- High level of competency with technology platforms and software systems
- Experience with Salesforce, Wordpress and Slack
Required Skills / Abilities
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver on optimization and efficiency plans that span multiple teams/customer sets
- Ability to coach/develop talent, including other leaders
- Technical skills including data analysis, technical support, and software troubleshooting
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and understanding of team targets and how they fit into broader organizational strategies.
- Operational excellence to manage the performance of a support department on a daily basis and attain results
- Ability to speak to team performance results and value-driven activity to C-Level audiences and cross-functionally
- Advanced capability to recruit and acquire talent
- Advanced proficiency with data interpretation and analysis
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Financial acumen to manage a budget & resourcing needs
- Experience with change leadership
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide coaching, mentorship and support to a team of supervisors
- Partner with support leadership to drive a mission and vision for a large team that is motivating and encouraging to the organization while focused on results
- Maintain a high degree of partnership with leadership cross-functionally, including CRM, Sales, Product and Technology teams to ensure that tools and processes across the organization meet team/customer needs and performance optimization for the department.
- Create proactive recommendations to influence the strategy for long-term customer support evolution and work with leaders to drive individual contributions. This includes organizational objectives to reduce cost to serve and continue to maintain high dealer and client delight.
- Set team benchmarks and measurement methodologies in partnership with other Senior support leaders to continue to elevate the customer experience holistically
- Review case/performance trends provided by leadership on a monthly cadence and level up data to drive organizational optimization
- Partner with the OEM team to ensure all team measurements are appropriately adjusted for required SLA's within programs and that we are taking a proactive approach to OEM client-level management of our support reputation.
- Manage resource distribution, ensuring talent is aligned correctly to the needs of the business, balanced appropriately across leaders and that the hiring/staffing strategy supports optimization targets for both client satisfaction and costs.
- Create and manage performance dashboards for the department in partnership with Business Operations/CRM teams
- Influences creation and necessary evolution of team job descriptions
- Develops custom customer support solutions as needed, driven by individualized customer needs and/or specific needs of various products
- Regularly supports process improvements that help drive collective improvements to our workforce management practices
- Creates and maintains a team learning and development plan that addresses training opportunities for a collective unit alongside individualized coaching plans
- Stay on top of trends in support practices, technology automation and autonomously grow personal knowledge to bring fresh strategies to team
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel - a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.