Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking an outstanding, talented individual who aspires to apply their intellect, talent, drive, creativity, and strong Google Sheets/Excel technical skills to a Team Lead role on our Billing Team.
This is an Individual Contributor role, with no direct reports.
If you thrive within a fast-paced, innovative, virtual-first remote environment, and one that values process improvement, scalability, and input, then we have a match!
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning & executing the billing process from start to finish for our most complex OEM accounts, which requires advanced Excel/Google Sheet technical skills; Building extensive knowledge of unique, complex billing requirements for all OEM programs in order to backfill and streamline;
- Managing projects and organizing team initiatives by delegating, overseeing progress towards goals, and coaching team members as needed to ensure completion and accuracy;
- Creating a collaborative environment to increase productivity and boost team satisfaction
- Preparing and maintaining monthly supplemental billing and Digital Advertising reporting requiring advanced Excel/Google Sheet technical skills;
- Assisting with monthly reconciliations for SOX compliance and month end close reporting;
- Performing thorough research and analysis to resolve complex issues and escalations, utilizing critical thinking to identify root causes & next steps to effectively implement a long-term solution;
- Proactively collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify business issues and develop resolution
- Performing system testing and resolution for newly developed functionality;
- Leading team training for process and system update implementation;
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining training documentation;
- Analyzing process and business workflows to develop solutions for preventing delays, backlogs, inefficiencies and minimizing internal control issues.
- Helping Sr Manager in the development and implementation of procedures that improve efficiency
- Organize team building activities
- Ability to work extra hours, specifically during the billing close cycle and for any ad hoc projects. Flexibility in working hours is a must.
- Performing other duties & responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior professional experience within Finance, Billing, Accounting, or similar;
- Advanced technical skills in Google Sheets or Excel (we are a GSuite environment);
- SUMIF, SUMIFS, V-Lookup, Arrays, etc.
- Conditional formatting, data validation (dropdown list, and warning error message)
- Data consolidation, subtotal, pivot tables
- Logical and nested functions (IF, AND, OR, functions in formulas)
- Detail-oriented; ability to successfully manage multiple tasks & projects, within a deadline-driven environment, while achieving a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to see trends, identify inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvements via business process or technology enhancements;
- Ability to manage through ambiguity;
- Self-motivated, accountable, taking ownership of business requirements;
- Ability to read and interpret contracts for billing purposes;
- Excellent organizational; time management; communication; interpersonal skills.
- Ability to efficiently navigate GSuite file sharing programs, such as Google Docs and Drives.
- Experience with Salesforce;
- Understanding of SOX guidelines.
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Confidentiality, as you will be working with privileged corporate information;
- Dependability & accountability;
- Ability to work in a distributed, remote team environment;
- Ability to lead and mentor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.