Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
Principal Salesforce Engineer (CRM)
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Director, Software Engineering (CRM)
The Principal, Salesforce Engineering (CRM) role is responsible for guiding the direction and approach for architecture within the CARS, Inc Salesforce environment. The ideal candidate is positive, solution-oriented, understands Salesforce features, functions, focussed on data governance, process and best practices.
The ideal candidate will be viewed as a leader, influencer and must possess very strong communication skills. The person works closely with CRM leadership and various business stakeholders across departments throughout CARS, Inc.
- Developing a technical vision and roadmap to match overall company strategy and vision.
- Guiding the direction, quality, and approach for architecture of Salesforce across CARS Inc. with clear deliverables like architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Leading organizational wide initiatives and continuously partnering with business and technology leaders to address complex problems.
- Act as a liaison between senior leadership and the business and technology organization
- Be able to educate the tech organization to understand Salesforce capabilities and integration points.
- Partnering with the Manager of CRM development and Manager, CRM Administration and business partners to keep our Salesforce instance running smoothly as CARS, Inc. continues to grow and scale
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of how users interact with Salesforce and the best ways to enable their success
- Mentoring and coaching for Salesforce engineers on design and development best practices.
- Review the existing systems landscape and provide guidance on optimization and automation
- Design and develop secure, scalable technical solutions on Salesforce, which includes products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ & BIlling, Experience Communities, and 3rd Party App Exchange Products
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of established leadership experience in Salesforce delivery
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize multiple projects, and be a proactive problem solver
- Able to lead and drive complex operational initiatives and can demonstrate an ability to create clarity for their team
- Track record of Salesforce.com experience as a developer with extensive knowledge of Sales Cloud, Apex, VisualForce, LWC, and Force.com tools and applications, preferably in an instance with 500+ end-users
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex system functionality for the business user
- Experience in designing, configuring, and developing on the Salesforce platform with extensive knowledge of building scalable, secure, and reusable solutions
- A deep understanding of Salesforce Architecture, Limits, Security, and out-of-the-box automation tools of the platform
- Knowledgeable about Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs, and web services
- Excellent understanding of Salesforce design and customization best practices
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Embraces new technology, applications, and solutions
- Salesforce Architecture Certification
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Service Cloud Voice, MuleSoft integration, Sales Enablement, Pardot, and Communities is a plus
- Experience with custom integrations, 3rd party tools (installed packages), Revenue Applications such as Rev Pro, and vendor projects
- Experience with Salesforce org consolidation and data migration is a big plus
- College degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.