Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
The primary function of an SEO Supervisor is to support the professional development of SEO Specialists that report to this role, and through excellence in coaching, drive retention for the regional accounts. The SEO Supervisor is a mentoring/development focused role, where the majority of time is spent working one on one with direct reports on two main goals: ensuring direct report’s success in their current role and professionally developing them for their future goals. Supplementary to that focus, SEO Supervisors will work with the SEO Director on specially assigned projects or initiatives focused on department improvement.
While the day to day tasks of this role will change, the core core goal is to ensure the SEO Specialists they manage are coached to excellence, and that the work product produced by their team provides exceptional ROI to the client.
- Hold structured one on ones with each direct report focused on:
- Daily task execution
- Employee growth/development goals and related action items
- Develop clear, actionable development plans for employees to improve their performance as an SEO Specialist by:
- Reviewing work product for process accuracy
- Reviewing work product for speed against guidelines
- Reviewing work product for SEO quality/critical thinking against best practices
- Identifying clear strengths and weaknesses
- Providing feedback on strengths/weaknesses to encourage continued growth
- Working with training manager as needed to create a development plan to take advantage of opportunities
- Create and coach employees towards stretch assignments to foster growth
- Serve as second escalation step for client issues, concerns or other account-related critical situations, exercising sound judgement in communication, response and escalation.
- Compete DI-required employee performance reviews
- Identify opportunities for and assist with innovation, testing, case studies and service development
- Manage, train-on, improve on and innovate SEO Specialist processes, including documentation
- Coach Specialists through deep dives, using the situation as a development opportunity to improve Specialist’s skills
- Serve as support for Specialist or contact for client calls in their region
- Manage individualized projects, initiatives or responsibilities as assigned by the Director, such as Specialist workload management or hiring & onboarding
- Assist in setting and executing department OKRs
- Advocate to Department leadership on behalf of SEO Specialists for needs, issues, blockers, etc. that need resolution or attention
- Cascade departmental policy/process changes to team and demonstrate effective/clear communication in Slack, in person, and in remote collaboration settings
- Ensure work is being completed according to schedule by Specialists
- Other administrative duties, as assigned, such as: approving employee time sheets, approving time off requests, balancing employee work schedules, employee reprimand escalation, etc.
What Determines Success As a Supervisor?
- Client Success
- Because Supervisors are directly responsible for coaching their Specialists to professional excellence, the clients that their Specialists work for should have strong, positive KPIs.
- Employee Satisfaction & Retention
- Through Up Level Reviews and skip-level meeting input, Supervisors should be seen by their team to demonstrate the 8 Habits of Effective Managers
- Being a good coach, empowering without micromanaging, showing interest in employee’s well being, being results oriented, being a good communicator/effective listener, assisting with career development, have a clear vision for the team, have key technical skills.
- Outcome Focused Departmental Improvement
- SEO Supervisors, in addition to being mentors/coaches for their SEO Specialists, are key administrative personnel for the department. Supervisors will have an ongoing focus to improve processes, resolve departmental blockers and innovate service delivery and services overall.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 3 years in an SEO service role preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role preferred
- Advanced SEO Skills
- Google Business Profile, Citation Management, Technical, Content, Strategy, Research, Analytics
- Demonstrated understanding of critical thinking as it applies to SEO
- Knowledge and understanding extending past definitions and into practical application and advanced problem solving using skills/knowledge
- Passion for mentoring and employee development
- Ability to self-manage under limited supervision
- Creative ideation
- Confidence and comfort speaking with clients
- Comfortable delivering critical feedback upwards and downwards
- A drive to find creative and new ways to deliver results for clients, without fear of changing the status quo
- An ability to embrace change with a positive, excited attitude, and to get their team to do the same
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.