Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Role
Cars.com recently completed a total overhaul of its core technology. We moved from a complex patchwork of enterprise software, to a modern and nimble system built on open-source tools. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join a passionate team. To partner with Product, Design, and Engineering to build solutions that will excite our customers and move our business forward.
You should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills. You should have hands-on management experience, and a strong belief in developing the skills and talents of others. You care about what you do, and the people around you. Ideal candidates will have experience working with Product development teams, and understand the importance of articulating technical trade-offs to help business leaders make informed decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Hands-on experience with modern programming languages
- 3 years of experience leading cross-functional engineering teams
- 3 years of experience managing engineers
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of technical leadership and people management
- 5 years of experience working with Product teams
- Hands-on experience with functional programming languages and AWS
- Experience managing distributed teams
- People manager to 4-6 engineers: establish expectations, continually coach, provide development opportunities, establish accountability, provide context, conduct 1:1’s
- Product engineering team leadership: partner with Product and Design, clarify priorities, build consensus, identify/resolve obstacles, manage resources, conduct retrospectives, analyze (refine and recommend) functional requirements & scope
- Software engineering leadership: partner with the Software Engineering management team to establish standards, processes, and best practices
- Be an ambassador of Cars.com's Core Values: Challenge & Collaborate; Start with the Consumer; Be Bold; Build Relationships, Deliver Results; Focus on the Outcome; Stay Open
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.