Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Role:
CARS Software Engineering is looking for great software engineers to join our team for the next phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we launched a new Elixir-based platform that is allowing us to accelerate our teamwork and transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
- Develop quality, scalable, efficient software using Elixir, Phoenix, AWS, and associated technologies
- Provide thought leadership and educated voice for direction of technical systems
- Develop and exhibit subject matter expertise in various areas of the tech stack
- Work across multi-disciplined product teams and business stakeholders to influence & drive results
- Contribute towards a collaborative, inclusive, and healthy engineering culture
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset
- Actively practice Cars.com's Core Values: challenge & collaborate; start with the consumer; be bold; build relationships, deliver results; focus on the outcome; stay open
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated high levels of practice acumen in various software development practices such as coding, testing, review, and change management
- Professional experience in a combination of “full stack” disciplines such as AWS, kubernetes, message buses, data warehousing, or front-end
- Foundational understanding of open-source MVC web frameworks such as Phoenix, Rails, Django
- Experience with modern web programming languages such as Ruby, Haskell, Lisp, Clojure
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of a technical stack
- Interest in (or experience with) Elixir language
- Interest in (or experience with) operating a production application at scale
- Interest in (or experience with) leading projects and teams
- Interest in (or experience with) mentoring junior engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.