Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About The Position:
The Director, Creative Services will lead the creative teams for both our Managed Services products and Production department. This is a creative, strategic and operational leader, who is responsible for building and managing a best-in-class creative services organization that delivers high quality and strategic creative design work that delivers results for our clients and supports the revenue objectives of the business.
Provides leadership and oversight for 3 creative teams, including:
- Website Production Design: Leads the Website Production Design roster to align with growth of requests, clients, and projects the team fulfills.
- Digital Marketing asset design: Leads the Automotive Marketing Design Manager who manages the Auto Marketing Design roster to align with growth of requests, clients, projects the team fulfills.
- SEO Copywriting team: Leads the Copywriting team to create and publish SEO-driven content.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Align the Creative team strategy and priorities to the organizational and company objectives.
- Develop and drive the strategic direction of our creative teams, aligning our creative strategies to the individual needs of our dealer clients.
- Collaborate with the other Managed Services and company leaders and colleagues across the business to identify and implement strategies and solutions that drive results for the company.
- Assist in tactical decision making, design review, and alignment towards a shared design and creative language.
- Help create an environment of collaboration among our Managed Services and Website products and an aligned design and user experience vision for both consumers and dealership users of our services.
- Develop new ideas to constantly evolve the Website Production design, Managed Services design and Copywriting teams’ efficiencies, skills, and versatility.
- This person will be responsible for all communications across these teams and the broader organization, while also balancing workload among teams using all available resources.
- Bring a strategic and creative vision to our creative products.
- Drive a culture of quality, ensuring that our work consistently meets and exceeds client expectations, is connected to strategy and attends to the details.
- Works with direct reports to scope work for high-profile clients and requests that fall out-of-line with our website and managed services package offerings.
- Ensure the highest level of quality in both creative work and service in everything we do.
- Ensure design and copy quality and consistency, supporting the team to deliver website and asset designs and content to our clients that support their marketing and branding objectives.
- Provide feedback and approvals on Design and Development work product, ensure design review is part of every project.
- Provide feedback and approvals on Content work products, ensure Editorial review is part of every project
- Ensure that the team is meeting all internal KPIs and external SLAs, both the letter and the spirit of the agreements.
- Develop and maintain a scalable framework for creating design, branding and content strategies for our dealers that connect their assets across web and all marketing materials.
- Build a strong sustainable business through service innovation, leveraging and building upon best practices.
- Ensure that correct Salesforce processes are following and that relevant reports are built, maintained and utilized to optimize throughput and performance.
- Balance competing business demands to support both the Production and Managed Services business needs.
- Works with BI team in SF to ensure Website Production and Managed Services requests and requirements are being met. Discuss new ideas, roll-outs, integrations, fulfillment.
- Works directly with the heads of Production and Managed Services to continue the integrity, success, growth and efficiency of website production and managed services.
- Oversees, maintains, explores further fulfillment with third party internal tools (design software, adplanner, deposit photos, etc.)
- Collaborate across the organization to optimize resources and throughput. Collaborates closely with peers across Managed Services to ensure that our products are delivered efficiently.
- Responsible for the professional growth, performance management, and employee engagement of individual designers and copywriters as well as people leaders on the team.
- Hire, train and develop talent, build a bench and retain top talent.
- Ensure all Design and Content Development teams have a firm understanding of specifications, context, and goals for all work-product.
- Ensure team members have clear goals and expectations; work with each member to ensure goals are being defined and met.
- Continued self-education and awareness of current modern design trends with ability to cascade knowledge down to both design teams.
- Support company profitability by identifying and implementing scalable operational processes that drive efficiencies and improve service.
- Focus on company profit and competitive advantage in both the quality of our work and service.
- Be accountable for business results, including KPI and SLA achievement, both top-line and bottom-line growth.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Experienced creative leader with a strong understanding of design methodologies and design theory.
- Experience leading creative teams required; second level leadership experience preferred.
- Be highly engaged with latest industry trends as well as overall product design best practices for seamless user experience and conversion.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and analytics skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and competing priorities while coordinating activities across multiple teams in a matrix organization, and lead the team to do the same.
- Strong management abilities demonstrated through previous employment requiring employee development and coaching.
- Ability to act as an SME of the DI product lineup and represent the company as an ambassador of the DI organization, working with all partner and industry organizations and representatives to support our objectives.
- Is very knowledgeable and experienced with various vehicle brands, brand guidelines, creative aesthetic, vehicle models, trims, auto news.
- Familiarity with design software preferred.
- Familiarity with Content marketing and SEO principles preferred.
- Presentation skills and experience handling executive level conversations required.
- Ability to create and present on design topics to educate the company
- Working knowledge of modern design trends.
- Ability to empathize with clients and team members.
- Ability to understand, analyze, problem-solve and execute business needs.
- Must be very organized, punctual, and detail-oriented.
- Patience and courtesy in both accepting and delivering feedback from stakeholders and teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing or business management preferred, at least 8-10 years in increasing responsibility in design, marketing, business or tech fields is a reasonable substitute.
- Must have experience leading creative teams.
- High Proficiency with design tools a plus, preferably including Illustrator®, Photoshop®, Figma™, Bannersnack™, and BrandFolder™ or similar software.
- Working knowledge of CRM and Project Management software required (Salesforce, Basecamp, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.