Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, and CreditIQ. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The SEO Strategist is a Team Lead level role reporting to the SEO Supervisor, helping lead a small team of organic search professionals who work together to research, analyze, strategize, report, communicate and execute on SEO for a group of clients. The Strategist has administrative responsibilities, such as ensuring work is completed on time and following internal processes/procedures, as well as SEO execution responsibilities, focused on reviewing/analyzing KPIs, building client-facing reporting, and creating the strategy for their clients. They also mentor their team members to help them improve their SEO skills and knowledge. Strategists are further distinguished by their demonstrated professional maturity and ability to complete work, resolve blockers, and ideate solutions to critical issues without or with only limited support from leadership.
- Lead a small team of SEOs to provide exceptional SEO services for assigned clients, under the supervision of the Supervisor
- Inform and collaborate with Supervisor on team deliverables and performance metrics
- Assign tasks/responsibilities to team members
- Proactively monitor organic KPIs, perform analysis and deep dives of KPIs/issues, and translate findings into actionable SEO strategies and reporting
- Create monthly reporting for clients that explain the strategy, reasoning, and impact
- Communicate directly with clients; serve as a point of escalation for clients
- Mentor other SEOs to help improve their skill and knowledge
- Work with clients to understand their needs and goals, and create SEO strategy to support them
- Assist with other SEO task work as needed
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Superior client communication/customer service skills (oral and written)
- Technical SEO:
- Ability to run technical SEO audits and resolve common technical SEO issues
- Ability to use technical SEO knowledge/principles to shape client strategy/impact client’s goals
- Local SEO
- Understanding of how directory citations impact local SEO and experience with NAP best practices
- Understanding of Google Business Profile (formerly GMB) optimization best practices
- On-Page SEO:
- A clear understanding of internal linking best practices, technical on-page element optimization best practices, and content optimization best practices
- Content Strategy:
- Strong understanding of how to translate client goals and research data into actionable content strategy
- Strategy Creation:
- Demonstrated skill in creating customized SEO strategy plans that use GA, GSC, Semrush, etc. data to create a unique strategy that drives results for clients
- Must be able to work effectively with others and be excited by the idea of helping others improve their skills
- Critical Thinking
- Must be a strong critical thinker - able to apply various SEO concepts to real-life scenarios in order to create strategies and solve problems
- Must be able to actively listen/observe and contextualize information in real-time, and engage in SEO strategy conversations with clients taking information into account
- Must be able to use SEO tools to gather performance data
- Must be able to perform deep dives on client performance, using data to identify and understand positive and negative trends.
- Expertise in Yoast, Semrush, MozLocal, Google Analytics, Google Search, Google Analytics, or comparable SEO tools
- Experience in/interest in the automotive industry is a plus!
- Experience with Wordpress-based websites preferred
When applying, please include both a cover letter and resume.
While this is a remote position, we are only able to hire those who are currently located in either the United States or Canada and are authorized to work in those countries. We are unable to sponsor H-1B visa applicants, and applicants outside the US/Canada or requiring sponsorship will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.