Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Essential Qualities and Responsibilities
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated tests.
- Developing new features, working in conjunction with our product owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it.
- Continually cleaning and refining code, reducing code complexity and technical debt with the overarching focus of increasing maintainability
- Broad understanding of continuous integration, testing, code refactoring, design patterns, and infrastructure
- Mentoring and teaching other developers.
- Working with minimal guidance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive professional experience with Kotlin and Java
- Extensive professional experience with the Android SDK
- Deep Understanding of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Highly proficient experience with Git version control
- Testing frameworks, JUnit, Mockito, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- GraphQL and Apollo library
- Android Jetpack libraries (such as LiveData, Room, etc.)
- MVVM pattern
- Github action scripts (CI/CD)
- Firebase tools (Crashlytics, app distribution, etc.)
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.