Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
Location: 100% Remote
Reports to: VP Cloud Infrastructure and Security
If you are comfortable operating in a high-growth industry, fast-paced environment and embracing emerging technologies, you will thrive in our environment. Dealer Inspire (DI) will provide you the ability to advance your skills, showcase your talents, contribute with visible value, and enjoy your work environment. Our environment is entrepreneurial, our resources are solid, our philosophy is teamwork-oriented, and we thrive on grit.
Reporting to the VP, Cloud Infrastructure and Security, the Senior Manager, Cloud infrastructure will have a unique opportunity to help lead and implement next gen Cloud SRE and DevOps practices. You will provide day to day leadership, development, direction and help instill SRE and DevOps culture across the cloud infrastructure team in support of our cloud-based platform, website, and technology solutions.
About the Position
- The Senior Manager, Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps, will play a very important role in implementing and executing best in class SRE and DevOps practices. You will lead the implementation and operational management of highly secure and scalable sites, platforms, and products for Dealer Inspire. You will also create playbooks, frameworks, best practices, and tools that allow DI to develop and deploy secure, high-quality products while driving our future roadmap.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the VP and other technology stakeholders to implement technology infrastructure and execute the strategy to support DI website, platform, and other technology products.
- Apply SRE and DevOps leadership and deep knowledge of infrastructure and software development at scale to lead the operation, adoption, and evolution of these services
- Collaborate and develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from an operations perspective Help implement automated tests, automated deployments, monitoring, and operational tools along with true observability
- Execute incident response management and service capacity management
- Manage Compute/storage/network/security Platform as a service with end-to-end responsibility for delivering and supporting the platform
- Lead Fixing SRE/DevOps escalation issues and optimizing on-call rotations and processes
- Own automation for delivery of Platform services using Infrastructure as Code. Build standard playbooks for Platform
- Own application availability and performance and manage it through automation and proactive/predictive alerts
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Measure, and meet key Service Level Objectives including availability, performance, incidents and CSPM, CWPP implementation including layer 7 DDoS protection.
- Ensure industry best practices are being adopted in terms of Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Continuous Delivery, and Integration (CI/CD), Deployment, Support and Test automation.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production. Own the Release Policy which governs the release process and details release categories, release activities, role & responsibilities, exception, etc.
- Implement an auto-scaling system for nodes.
- Automate the build processes for DI, ensuring builds at the team level can be securely achieved in a timely manner.
- Implement KPIs and metrics that ensure a high bar for uptime and provide deep visibility into the health of the platforms.
- Implement standard processes and tools for critical areas including but not limited to site migration, security and compliance, threat monitoring, and compliance.
- Recruit, build, and play a mentorship role to key engineering personnel, constantly promoting improvement in their professional skills and readying them for the occupation of your position in the future.
- Proven expertise with focuses on a SRE and DevOps culture, operational excellence, infrastructure security architecture, risk management and engineering creativity in SaaS environments.
- Solid technical background, with hands-on DevOps related experience in automated, CI/CD, agile environments delivering infrastructure, monitoring, and tooling to high-traffic cloud-based products.
- Proven experience deploying current technologies including Cloud Services (AWS), microservices and serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery (SDLC) using Agile and Scrum practices.
- Expertise with security technologies and integration such as code scanning, open-source scanning, vulnerability analysis, and security for automated deployments.
- Experience with compliance frameworks and security requirements such as PCI, PII, GLBA, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2, ISO 27001, NIST, etc.
- Proven track record of building, leading, and motivating highly talented remote teams to work in agile, cross-functional environments ensuring that modern technology and processes are implemented.
- Strong influencing skills leading technology discussions at the senior leadership level
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships with other business units, external vendors, and stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed and resourceful.
- Passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business.
Experience and Education:
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in site reliability and technical operations leadership •
- Experience building SaaS infrastructure supporting business-critical cloud & on-premises services
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of people management and team leadership experience including headcount planning and developing strong and motivated teams
- Experience with 24/7 site monitoring and ability to own uptime & performance SLA's • Operational experience at scale - designing and operating highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems using best-of-breed technologies like container
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 18 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.