Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
You value code quality, scalability, and reliability. You are not beholden to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead you believe that a true craftsman always chooses the right tool for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team with other developers, and can communicate complex ideas with ease. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never neglect the fundamentals. You don’t have an over-sized ego.
About this Role:
The PHP/JS Developer is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Dealer Inspire Website Platform, specifically forward-facing features and functionality. The PHP/JS Developer creates new features or refactors existing tools.
This role requires expert knowledge of the Dealer Inspire Website Platform and associated architecture. The PHP/JS Developer must be knowledgeable of available tools and resources and know where to implement custom solutions. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Development work on our Award-Winning, WordPress based Website Platform.
- Maintaining current WordPress plugins and building them to support new or existing platform features.
- Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
- Supporting development teams by providing knowledge and training resources.
- Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
- Working with our development team, systems team, and designers to fulfill support requests or bug reports from clients.
- Building custom functionality on client sites.
- Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP.
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Expertise in building and testing mobile-first web applications.
- Version control experience (Git/Mercurial).
- Experience building WordPress themes and plugins.
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel.
- Experience with SASS/SCSS.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Node JS.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Vue and/or React.
- Experience with build tools like Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- You know what the phrase “clean code” means, and where it came from.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.