Title: Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Location: 100% US-based Remote
Reports to: VP, Core Engineering
If you are comfortable operating in a high growth industry, fast paced environment and embracing emerging technologies, you will thrive in our environment. Dealer Inspire (DI) will provide you the ability to advance your skills, showcase your talents, contribute with visible value and enjoy your work environment. Our environment is entrepreneurial, our resources are solid, our philosophy is teamwork oriented and we thrive on grit.
The Manager, Software Quality Assurance will be responsible for managing DI’s Software Quality Assurance organization, teams, and processes to drive automated and manual testing of DI software platforms and products. The Manager will play a leading role in optimizing the way that DI products are delivered within the company, devising and implementing a modern approach to software quality engineering that enables continuous integration and continuous delivery. This includes the design and implementation of best practices as well as the tooling for all testing.
Dealer Inspire is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 800 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
Dealer Inspire offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater and Fuel. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Position
The Manager will define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Software Quality Assurance organization. The Manager will lead a remote, cross functional team that integrates into scrum teams as well as works adjacent to them in order to ensure that DI products and platforms meet business, performance, security, and reliability requirements. As the leader of the QA function, the Manager will work with leaders and stakeholders across DI to help ensure that DI platforms and products are reliable, consistent, available, and scalable.
Essential Job Functions:
● Oversee software quality assurance for DI and assure test strategy and execution are aligned to end state architecture and platform performance expectations.
● Manage the delivery of software quality services in DI’s cloud-based, SaaS product environment.
● Develop a software quality assurance strategy, vision and roadmap with input from all areas of leadership to improve efficiency of the software lifecycle process, and ensure software is consistently deployed with minimal defects.
● Design and integrate QA processes, policies, and automated end-to-end testing strategies for DI’s Cloud-based SaaS software platforms and products.
● Implement robust automated QA testing practices in support of CI/CD pipelines with a focus on early issue detection.
● Lead testing efforts ensuring that platform and product deployments are delivered on time and within quality standards.
● Collaborate with and influence Product, Engineering, and DI Stakeholders to ensure that best QA practices are adopted, and quality is embedded in the software development process.
● Provide budget, headcount, project and resource planning for Software Quality Assurance and Product Deployment activities.
● Partner with product, engineering and infrastructure leaders to ensure delivery of a clear technical roadmap that supports component and regression testing for all releases.
● Partner with key business partners and stakeholders to ensure solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business.
● Define key measurements and metrics to quantify software quality and benchmark Quality Assurance team effectiveness, adjusting processes to improve the efficiency of software delivery from a quality assurance perspective.
● Recommend and implement software testing & automation technological solutions.
● Hire, develop, and manage QA staff.
● Coordinate talent management and succession planning.
● Monitor and evolve talent skill mix, using training and active recruitment plans and strategies.
● Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion.
● Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and make decisions quickly to meet the demands of a fast-growing business.
● Demonstrated leadership skills with strong planning and organization.
● Knowledgeable about industry trends, QA best practices, and change management.
● Proven success with the orchestration of people, processes, systems, and metrics to deliver quality, scalable software platforms and products.
● A strong passion for quality and automation with the ability to view situations from an end user, commercial, and business perspective.
● Expert level knowledge of and experience in software design and best practices in developing customer-oriented platforms and products, preferably with high use/high availability, Cloud-based, SaaS applications.
● Experience with and understanding of Software QA methodologies (requirements analysis, test planning, functional testing, usability testing, performance testing, etc.).
● Experience building out and leveraging Software QA testing and monitoring tools to ensure quality in software platform and product development practices.
● Experience leading and motivating remote, highly talented software quality and/or engineering talented teams ensuring that modern technology and processes are implemented.
● Proven track record of attracting, hiring, motivating and developing the best quality-minded individuals.
● Experienced in working with and presenting to senior leadership.
● Comfortable working in a team environment that requires collaboration and partnership with multiple departments, including the ability to influence and gain buy-in for QA best practices across the organization.
● The ability to both hold yourself and your team to a high standard while being pragmatic and flexible to the current stage of development of the organization.
Experience & Education:
● 8+ years of experience of Software Quality Assurance experience with an emphasis on automated testing practices.
● 5+ years of experience managing Software QA organizations for Cloud-based SaaS products in Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environments.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or comparable experience.
Benefits & Perks:
● Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), EyeMed Vision
● 401k plan with company match
● Tuition Reimbursement
● 18 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
● Life and Disability Insurance
● Subsidized gym membership
● Subsidized internet access for your home
● Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
● Work from home Fridays
● Weekly in-office yoga classes
● Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.