FUEL: In-Market Video (FIMV) is the leader in targeted video advertising in the automotive industry. Working with hundreds of dealer customers nationwide, FUEL uses the power of Cars.com audience data to allow dealerships to reach their exclusive, local in-market audience across all digital channels with strategic video messaging tailored for their unique brand message.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The FIMV Video Creative team produces hundreds of videos for customers every month, and how that happens relies on the dedicated work of producers and editors to get the video to render — and they all could use a little assistance from time to time.
Reporting to the Post-Production Supervisor, the Assistant Video Editor (AVE) is a post-production role whose focus is empowering the entire video team with the best possible resources to execute on any given video project. As long as the task requires an editing station, they thrive moving from one challenge to the next in rapid succession: need an assembly edit of some running footage? no sweat. Need that Illustrator file layered up for mograph? Piece of cake. That production template needs to be updated for a specific OEM brand — consider it done.
With a high attention to detail and speed to match, the AVE is ready for anything — and is there to keep the server-based project files used by the whole video team in top condition, so fulfillment speeds stay lightning fast (or faster).
- Creating and maintaining FUEL:IMV video templates
- Auditing and re-rendering client videos to FUEL:IMV media specifications
- Compiling and organizing assets from libraries for music, stock footage, and specific images
- Reviewing scripts created by FUEL:IMV producers to identify one-off needs for a given video project
- Duplicating multiple project files and adjusting them for different brands
- Preparing assembly edits from recent shoots
- Ensure project folders remain up to date and synced on CARS Servers
- Fulfil OEM boost requests and HTML5 video background requests
- Prepare design assets for motion design
- Help to keep post-production procedure documentation up to date
- Occasional support on-set for DIT and art department needs
- High proficiency in video editing workflows and softwares, including Adobe® Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, AVID Media Composer, Final Cut Pro 7 / X.
- High proficiency in media, video codecs, and compression best-practices — including for application in development environments
- Proficiency in Photoshop + Illustrator
- Critical attention to detail to ensure that every deliverable is pixel-perfect
- Obsessive organizational skills
- Patience in both accepting and delivering feedback from clients, stakeholders, and teammates
- The ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and analytics skills
- Strong individual management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities at once
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status