HR Business Partner
At Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc Company
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 800 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting ** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you.
As an HR Business Partner you'll be an integral part of the Dealer Inspire leadership team; a recently acquired and quickly growing business of Cars INC. This role will be responsible for creating and driving your function people strategy successfully. This requires you to think big, challenge and collaborate, and invent creative solutions using data. This includes building structure where previously hadn't been; and or helping rebuild structure to help the business scale. You can expect your day to span many topics/activities including coaching clients, developing leaders, navigating and resolving employee issues and championing our people programs. Your goal is to provide world-class support to our employees, while reducing risk and ensuring consistency and fairness. This role will help position Dealer Inspire from a startup business to a scalable growth organization; within the CARS INC family.
**This role is a Flexible Work Arrangement whereby there will be no immediate expectation of working at a physical CARS location
In this role, you will...
- Partner with cross-functional subject matter experts to design and deliver your business strategy for how we attract, on-board, develop, engage and retain what we value most, our people.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to develop and execute a people strategy that delivers the best results, and continually measuring and managing employee engagement to ensure it remains in step with our core values.
- Uncover root causes to problems and design thoughtful, timely solutions that align with our strategy which requires cutting across multiple disciplines and sometimes beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Provide expertise in: organizational design, performance management, succession planning, business consulting, compensation, employee engagement, coaching, learning & development, recruiting, data analysis, Diversity and Inclusion, and employee relations.
- Act as a single point of contact for employees and leaders, providing guidance and coaching, as well as facilitating engagement, translating HR policies and ensuring alignment with organizational values and objectives.
- Ability and desire to build/augment HRBP processes and procedures that drive efficiencies for the team and positively impacts the employee experience.
- A solid sense of discretion, professionalism and use of good judgment while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Superior communication skills to convey confidence, empathy and trust via candor and diplomacy to build effective relationships across all levels.
- Strong influencing skills to motivate action and drive collaboration.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic work environment.
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills that identify root causes, understand trends, develop recommendations and hold partners accountable to own and deliver.
- Dynamic yet detail orientated and organized.
- Project management skills and implementation experience.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of current or recent experience as an HR Generalist or as a HR Business Partner role.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in HR, preferably within a technology organization
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.