ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This is a full-time exclusively remote position. Applicants must be located in the USA or Canada and authorized to work in the USA. The SEO Specialist is an individual contributor member of the Dealer Inspire SEO Department, and is responsible for determining and executing organic search strategy for assigned clients. Specialists are responsible for all aspects of the client’s services, including conducting research, creating monthly strategy plans, conducting and correcting the results of site health audits, and managing directory citation consistency, with the goal of helping clients to have. Dealer Inspire SEO Specialists work with Performance Managers and SEO Copywriters to deliver industry leading results and organic growth, making strong organization, time management and communications skills a critical part of success in this role.
Specialists manage a robust list of clients, making time management and ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently critical to success in this role. Tasks have varying recurrence schedules and due dates, requiring adaptability and the ability to stay organized while balancing task loads. While SEO experience isn’t required (but is preferred) for this role as training is provided, critical thinking, time management, and being calm under pressure are traits that lead to success.
The SEO Department focuses on developing industry experts who love their careers, and having a team of passionate people who support each other is key - want to learn a bit more about our department and why we're a great team to be a part of? Check us out!
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
- Conduct preliminary research following established process, using critical thinking and reasoning to identify organic search strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for assigned clients
- Create required deliverables based on research following established process, applying critical thinking skills to reach accurate conclusions and recommendations
- Use research, analysis, and client needs to create sound organic search strategy within confines of established process that will drive organic performance for clients while meeting package requirements
- Meet with clients and performance managers on a scheduled basis to review monthly reports, upcoming strategy execution, and client questions or concerns
- Complete monthly tasks for all client’s strategy to department standards on or before internal deadlines, including but not limited to:
- Content editing and publishing
- Google My Business check-ins and updates
- Citation management
- Social posting
- Technical site audits
- Technical site updates
- Google Search Console audits and investigation
- Performance deep dives
- Monthly performance reporting
- Strategy adjustments based on research and client goals
- Other tasks as required
- Make proactive recommendations about service upgrades
- Engage in department and company OKR efforts
- Understand and abide by compliance rules for brands
- Active interest in organic search, search engines and digital marketing, and drive to stay abreast of industry news and updates
- “Always learning” attitude, driven by the desire to continuously gain knowledge and improve skills
- Ability to comfortably and successfully manage large client loads
- Ability to complete all required tasks within outlined time requirements and by required due dates each month
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills; the ability to take learned concepts and apply them appropriately to unique situations in order to arrive at the most logical plan of action
- Willingness to identify problems or issues and raise them to leadership, as well as present possible solutions
- Adaptability; willingness to accept and embrace changing processes, gray areas, and new ideas with ease and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication and grammar
- Adherence to company tenets and department identity statement
- Proficiency in using and understanding Google Search Console, SEMRush, Google Analytics, MozBar and Yoast.
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional proofreading skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Able to interpret information and quantitative data and apply key findings to support client goals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Comfort working in an always changing environment
- You're a passionate problem solver who loves to dig in and learn new things
- You're unafraid of being challenged, and aren't daunted when faced with something new or unknown
- You work well under pressure and aren't afraid of deadlines and working hard
- You want to collaborate and be an active, engaged part of a team
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment, and are able to stay focused without direct in-person supervision
- You have SEO experience, and understand SEO best practices
- You are comfortable using industry tools like GA, GSC, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc. to perform audits and research
- You're adaptable - change is great, new ideas are awesome, and you aren't ever stuck on status-quo
- You feel comfortable talking to clients (with training) and enjoy having collaborative conversations
- You can comfortably edit written content and have strong attention to detail
Benefits & Perks*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Primarily remote or flexible/remote position
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- 401k plan with company match
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.