*This role is 100% US-Based Remote.*
About the Role:
The Engineering Team is looking for someone who will work in collaboration with the Systems Engineering Team to support and architect the best solutions to ensure high uptime and availability of METAL infrastructure for clients internal and external. The Systems Engineering team runs the infrastructure on which the Dealer Inspire products run. This role must meet the demands of emerging software ideas, while retaining a pragmatic view of operational efficiency.
This position requires additional skills related to server / tool administration and/or people management skills including training and mentorship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Assist with day-to-day operational functions in terms of server diagnosis or administration.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for technologies used to run the METAL infrastructure.
- Train and mentor new employees on all aspects of the METAL infrastructure and product deployment process.
- Act as a peer between the Systems Engineering and Product Engineering Departments.
- Help plan and implement complex projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience with AWS technologies (CLI, Aurora, S3, IAM, EC2, ECS, KMS, Lambdas, Route53, SQS, SNS)
- Strong understanding of AWS resource and application scaling
- Experience with end-to-end debugging of infrastructure performance & application issues
- Strong understanding of Linux Administration (ubuntu, centos)
- Strong understanding of IaC/orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD, DevOps pipelines, and build toolchains (CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, Bamboo, Github Actions)
- Experience in supporting a 24/7 infrastructure including on-call rotations
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff & customers
- Expert understanding of version control (git)
- Extensive understanding of monitoring / alerting tools (New Relic)
- Writing clear documentation, including diagrams, for different audiences (Confluence)
About Dealer Inspire:
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!