Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 800 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers for our new Core Engineering Team.
The Core Engineering Team provides the underlying architecture, services, and components to support the goals of the Enterprise, DI's Product teams, and our OEM partners. We've begun a journey toward solving a variety of deeply challenging technical opportunities, ultimately leveraging event-driven architecture to reduce friction and improve synergy between the website, products, and business systems throughout DI's ecosystem. The Core Engineering Team is attempting to create critical shared solutions while maintaining a healthy portfolio of legacy systems. We're building the Core platform on which our organization can thrive and we're seeking talented engineers to help drive positive outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of new features with a focus on API Development
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated unit and integration tests
- Taking new features through the entire development lifecycle
- Taking an active role as a mentor and leader
- Become an integral part of a tight-knit distributed engineering group who all succeed as a team
Skills & Competencies Desired:
- 4+ years of professional web development experience using PHP (or NodeJS, Rails, etc)
- 2+ year of experience working with modern MVC frameworks (Laravel, Express)
- 2+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them
- Experience creating automated unit and integration tests, familiarity with TDD
- Experience with performance debugging and bench-marking
- Experience with Git version control
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Strong understanding of RESTful API Development
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Professional experience using modern ORMs
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed Agile team
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with core AWS technologies
- Familiarity with SOLID Principles
- Familiarity with any of SOA, EDA, gRPC, and WebSockets would be appreciated
BENEFITS & PERKS:*
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.