Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
If you are comfortable operating in a high growth industry, fast paced environment and embracing emerging technologies you will thrive in our environment. Dealer Inspire will provide you the ability to advance your skills, showcase your talents, contribute with visible value and enjoy your work environment. Our culture is entrepreneurial, our resources are solid, our philosophy is teamwork oriented and we thrive on grit.
Dealer Inspire is seeking a strong leader to refine, shape, communicate and lead our Support teams. This individual will partner effectively across the organization to deliver Support services across our growing portfolio of clients. This leader will be instrumental in growing our client base, delivering on execution, coaching and developing team members and leading this P&L.
This leader will have a passion for service excellence, confidence with client interactions, comfort with embracing technology solutions, enjoyment developing team members and vision leading service oriented talent. Creativity, communication and execution will be essential elements for success to lead our Support team. The Sr. Director will need to be a quick learner to become well versed in the portfolio of Dealer Inspire services, comfort with analytic reporting and measurements and the ability to drive greater performance.
The Dealer Inspire Sr. Director of Support will lead the Support team at Dealer Inspire servicing clients and developing team members as a key leader with the Client Services team. The breadth of services supported is broad, the team is talented and powerful, the delivery method is technology centric, the process has opportunities, the measurements are essential, the service levels agreements are contractually required and the opportunity to have a significant impact is real. This leader will understand the competitive landscape, refine our service positioning and accelerate our go to market strategy for growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set the Vision of the Support team for Dealer Inspire (Clients, dealers and team members)
- Lead and coach the team of Directors, Supervisors, Solution Engineers, Support Developers, Inventory Specialists and Product Specialist.
- Lead a small Training team to provide: Provide ongoing training with Support Team, maintain detailed knowledge of all new products and digital offerings
- Create and rollout new processes to the Support Teams
- Sustain a high level of retention of existing client base
- Effectively partner with other departments to ensure alignment and execution of service delivery
- Define and refine measures of fulfillment effectiveness of resources and processes
- Learn and become proficient in Dealer Inspire solutions
- Implement new technology automation where needed
- Create scalable delivery platforms through a great user experience.
- Mentor on best practices for Support management and assist with professional growth
- Provide input to RFPS and SOW for new OEM business development for Dealer Inspire
- Coach and guide in meetings, developing strategy, manage difficult clients/cancellations, bandwidth management
- Ensure consistent communication of company directives for Support teams
- Identify issues and solve for process improvements
- Identify staffing needs in partnership with VP in the Client Services Pods and be a liaison for necessary growth in client facing roles
- Forecast case volumes and trends for most efficient use of resources
- On-board new employees to Dealer Inspire
- Positive representation of Support and overall Client Services to all internal teams
- Positive representation of Dealer Inspire to all clients
- Ability to build relationships with clients and provide insight/guidance to the Support team related to digital services (and beyond).
- Exceed all retention goals by month and year
- Identify opportunity for regional growth within the Dealer Inspire product suite/upsell existing products
A successful Senior Director of Support requires excellent communication and analytical skills, marketing savvy and the ability to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work through conflict resolution both internally and with external clients is a must.
- Previous Director experience, technical support management experience
- Ability to provide constructive and consistent feedback to all team members to ensure their further growth within their existing roles
- Ability to set a strategy and execute on a roadmap
- Experience growing a business, owning a P&L and driving performance
- Confident in aligning and optimizing resources with variable demand
- Ability to stand in for the VP of Client Services in both internal and external meetings
- Outstanding presentation & communication skills both over the phone and during in-person meetings
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be very organized, punctual, and detail oriented
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies
- Team building and ability to rally your internal team to achieve company goals
- The ability to remain cool under pressure and manage through client conflict
- Must have experience within the automotive industry and be able to speak to the needs of this vertical
- Strong communication skills with clients and internal team members
- Comfort with applying technology solutions for scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with GSuite
- Ability to balance demand and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn SalesForce reporting and creation of dashboards
- Confident speaking and presenting with dealers and OEMs
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 25%
Strong knowledge of:
- Leadership and People Management
- WordPress, Java Script, PHP
- API Integration
- Website Performance/Google Analytics
- Automotive Dealership Operations
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6 years+ management experience leading teams
- Strong background of execution
- Confidence embracing technologies
- Experience leading initiatives
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), EyeMed Vision
- 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.