Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 800 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Lead PHP / JS Developer is responsible for improving and maintaining Dealer Inspire's Website Platform. In addition to completing assigned work, the Lead PHP / JS Developer must be a champion for best practices and continuous learning for their fellow teammates, providing guidance for, and training teammates with less experience. The Lead PHP / JS Developer must be able to understand complex applications and how to improve architecture, stability, and performance.
This role requires the Lead PHP/JS Developer to develop expert knowledge of the Dealer Inspire Website Platform and associated architecture and to utilize knowledge of available tools and resources to determine where to implement custom solutions. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
Responsibilities may include:
- Development work on our Award-Winning, WordPress based Website Platform.
- Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
- Supporting development teams by providing knowledge and mentoring.
- Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
- Solving technically complex or large-scale bugs.
- Working with the Product Owner and Director of Engineering to plan and estimate projects.
You value code quality, scalability, and reliability. You are not beholden to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead you believe that a true craftsman always chooses the right tool for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team with other developers, and communicate complex ideas with ease. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never neglect the fundamentals.
- 7+ years of software development experience or demonstrated mastery.
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Strong background in relational DBs, SQL/MySQL, and bonus points for query optimization knowledge.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
- Experience building with WordPress.
- Experience leading individuals/teams, or functioning in a tech lead capacity.
- Experience building with Laravel.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Vue and/or React.
Benefits & Perks*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Work from home Fridays
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- 401k plan with company match
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.