**This position is 100% Remote, but US-based candidates only.**
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
Inventory is the heart of the Dealer Inspire platform. Our Inventory Engineering Team consists of a team of passionate and highly skilled PHP Developers and AWS Cloud Engineer. Vehicle Inventory is the core of our Dealer Inspire Platform and powers the data for all our products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, not but limited to):
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated tests
- Manage OEM and Compliance requirements for various brands
- Taking new features through the entire development lifecycle, working in conjunction with our product owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it
- Demonstrate the initiative and method for solving different problems, and propose effective solutions for those problems
- Support and maintain legacy features
- 5+ years of experience working with PHP frameworks (Laravel)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- 5+ years of experience working with MySQL or Similar RDBMS
- 3+ years of experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Strong understanding of build processes/automation
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- AWS Cloud Architecture experience
- Experience with Queue-Worker Architecture
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to surface technical debt issues and develop a plan for resolution.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.