*This position is 100% Remote, but US-based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Dealer Inspire is hiring for our Conversations℠ Team!
Conversations℠ is Dealer Inspire's messaging platform that connects today’s car shoppers with dealerships wherever, whenever, and however they want to shop. Fast, mobile, and fully integrated with text messaging and Facebook Messenger™ Conversations℠ uses A.I. technology and managed chat support to instantly respond to all incoming chats 24/7.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Development of new features with a focus on API Development.
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated unit and integration tests.
- Taking new features through the entire development lifecycle, working in conjunction with our product owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of professional experience working with PHP.
- 2+ year of experience working with modern PHP MVC frameworks like Laravel.
- 4+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Experience creating automated unit and integration tests.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API Development.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with ReactJS or a willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with server side development using NodeJS.
- Familiarity with responsive front-end web design.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.