Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 700 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced senior Cloud Engineers in two areas of the company:
- The Systems Engineering team runs the infrastructure on which the Dealer Inspire products run. This key department ensures high uptime and availability of services for clients internal and external alike. Systems Engineering must be constantly evolving to meet the demands of emerging software ideas, while retaining a pragmatic view of operational efficiency.
This position requires additional skills related to server / tool administration and/or people management skills including training and mentorship.
- The Platform Engineering Team is looking for a dedicated mid to senior level Cloud Engineer who will work in collaboration with the Systems Engineering Team to support and architect the best solutions to ensure high uptime and availability of centralized APIs for clients internal and external. You should be the sort of person who encounters a problem and builds the right tool to solve it.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day operational functions in terms of server diagnosis or administration.
- Be the SME for technologies used to run the DI Central API infrastructure.
- Train and mentor new employees on all aspects of the DI Central API infrastructure and product deployment process.
- Act as a liaison between the Systems Engineering and other Engineering Departments.
- Help plan and implement complex projects.
Skills & Competencies Desired:
- Solid background with AWS technologies (CLI, Aurora, S3, IAM, EC2, ECS, ECR, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda, Route53, SQS, SNS, CodeDeploy)
- Strong understanding of AWS resource and application scaling
- Experience with containers (Docker) building easy-to-use development environments
- Experience with end-to-end debugging of infrastructure performance & application issues
- Strong understanding of Linux Administration (Ubuntu, Centos, Arch)
- Strong understanding of IaC/orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Proficiency with a scripting language (Bash, Python, PHP) and version control
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and build toolchains (CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Experience working with SQL databases & in-memory storage technology(MySQL, Postgresql, Redis)
- Understanding of monitoring / alerting tools (New Relic)
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff & customers
- Writing clear documentation for different audiences (Confluence)
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience involving data security (PII, PCI, HIPAA)
- Experience in OOP PHP with secure coding knowledge
- Direct experience with Laminas (formerly Zend), Laravel, and / or NodeJS
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Experience in supporting a 24/7 infrastructure including on-call rotations