Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
Junior Cloud Engineer
The Systems Engineering team runs the infrastructure on which the Dealer Inspire products run. This key department ensures high uptime and availability of services for clients internal and external alike. Systems Engineering must be constantly evolving to meet the demands of emerging software ideas, while retaining a pragmatic view of operational efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day operational functions in terms of server diagnosis or administration.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff & customers
- Basic understanding/administration of DNS (updating records, registering domains, zone transfers)
- Basic understanding/administration of Linux (ubuntu)
- Basic scripting/development knowledge (PHP, Bash or Python)
- Basic understanding of monitoring concepts
- Basic knowledge of web/network security concepts
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing
- Basic understanding/administration of networking (TCP/IP, firewalls, subnetting)
- Basic understanding/administration of Web Servers (apache/nginx)
- Basic understanding/administration of Database servers (mysql)
- Basic understanding of storage and storage concepts (RAID, NFS)
- Basic understanding of IaC/orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of build / deployment systems (Code PipeLine, Bamboo)
- Basic ability to debug server incidents and implement resolutions. (log parsing, grep, tail)
- Writing clear documentation for different audiences