Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. company, is hiring for our METAL℠ Team!
METAL℠ is Dealer Inspire’s (DI) brand-new Inventory Management System (IMS). It is built with modern design, plus lightning-quick controls, to help our clients move metal faster than the competition. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL℠ allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL℠ offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Architecture and development of new features;
- Improve performance; modify existing code to fix errors and bugs;
- Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage;
- Creation and management of AWS cloud infrastructure;
- Mentoring of junior developers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases, ideally Postgres; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure, including the Fargate, RDS, SQS, and Lambda services.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with NodeJS; including the Express framework.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as Cypress, Chai, Sinon, Mocha, and Jest.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Strong understanding of client- and server-side GraphQL, especially using the Apollo GraphQL library.
- Mobile-first, responsive web design.
- Typescript experience