Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. company, is hiring for our METAL℠ Team!

METAL℠ is Dealer Inspire’s (DI) brand-new Inventory Management System (IMS). It is built with modern design, plus lightning-quick controls, to help our clients move metal faster than the competition. Designed mobile and tablet-first, METAL℠ allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization. From easy-to-implement pricing rules to the ability to upload hi-res inventory pictures, METAL℠ offers a full-suite of features that modernize inventory management.

Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):

• Architecture and development of new features; 
  • Improve performance; modify existing code to fix errors and bugs; 
  • Set and enforce code quality standards and test coverage;
  • Creation and management of AWS cloud infrastructure;
  • Mentoring of junior developers.

Required Skills & Experience: 

• 5+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases, ideally Postgres; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
  • Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure, including the Fargate, RDS, SQS, and Lambda services.
  • 3+ years of professional experience working with NodeJS; including the Express framework. 
  • Strong understanding of asynchronous programming.
  • Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
  • Experience with testing frameworks, such as Cypress, Chai, Sinon, Mocha, and Jest.
  • Experience with Git version control.
  • Understanding of CI/CD.
  • Strong verbal & written communication skills.
  • Strong documentation skills.
  • Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.

Highly Desired:

• Strong understanding of client- and server-side GraphQL, especially using the Apollo GraphQL library.
  • Mobile-first, responsive web design.
  • Typescript experience

#LI-LB

Apply for this Job

* Required

When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education

Voluntary Demographics

We're focused on creating career chemistry for our team, and that means building a culture where diversity is a priority. All CARS employees are encouraged to bring their whole, authentic self to work every day, including their talents, passions, and unique ideas. Across all our brands, we encourage our teams to stay open, and combine their different backgrounds, experiences, and worldviews to deliver better results.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only) and your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran Status:

I have a physical disability: