Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Position:
Inventory is the heart of the Dealer Inspire platform. In this position, you will be working alongside our Inventory Management System, named METAL, which is designed to help car dealers oversee the merchandising and maintenance of stocked vehicles.
METAL uses modern architecture to process nearly a million vehicles per day, validating them against our internal and external APIs, updating our internal Inventory Management System (IMS) as well as our 3rd Party vehicle aggregation partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Development of new features with a focus on API Development
- Manage OEM and Compliance requirements for various brands
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated unit tests
- Troubleshoot, prioritize, and resolve production issues escalated from Support Development Team
- Support and maintain legacy features.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience building REST APIs with PHP
- 4+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- 3+ years of experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Experience with Git version control
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Strong understanding of build processes/automation
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience within the Automobile Industry
- Experience with Queue-Worker Architecture