*This position is 100% Remote; US-based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Conversations℠ is Dealer Inspire's messaging platform that connects today’s car shoppers with dealerships wherever, whenever, and however they want to shop. Fast, mobile, and fully integrated with text messaging and Facebook Messenger™ Conversations℠ uses A.I. technology and managed chat support to instantly respond to all incoming chats 24/7.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Develop new features with a focus on API Development; working within an Agile environment.
- Write quality, scalable, efficient code; paired with automated unit and integration tests.
- Take new features through the full software development lifecycle, working in conjunction with a Product Owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it.
- Practice good engineering hygiene; follow & advocate for best practices; provide mentorship &/or trainings for others, as needed.
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset.
- 5+ years of professional experience with PHP development at scale; using modern PHP MVC frameworks, like Laravel.
- 5+ years of professional experience with SQL databases; ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Professional experience with: creating automated unit & integration tests; performance debugging & benchmarking; and Git version control.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming; and RESTful API Development.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; including documentation skills.
- Prior professional experience working on a fully remote, distributed engineering team.
- Bonus points for experience with: Amazon Web Services; ReactJS; NodeJS; responsive front-end web design.
BENEFITS & PERKS:*
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.