Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Dealer Inspire is looking for an experienced systems leader to join our team. This role involves leading the systems administration / operations team and associated activities in a highly available and scalable production AWS environment. Using IT best practices and DevOps principles, the ideal candidate will manage day-to-day activities of the team, along with supporting and maintaining systems related to the successful operation of various applications and APIs.
- management of team goals and activities
- development of team members in growing skills and knowledge of systems
- manage AWS infrastructure and conduct day-to-day systems administration
- deploy and update new and existing Linux infrastructure using configuration management tools
- implement and automate self-service mechanisms for common engineering deliverables
- create automated build and deployment pipelines for continuous delivery of applications
- conduct software builds, release deployments, and application updates
- collaborate in cross-functional teams serving multiple departments and business units
- maintain backup and DR initiatives, conducting periodic audits
- monitor platform for stability and respond to service interruptions
- participate in on-call rotation and outage response escalation.
- strong background in Linux administration, user/package management, and custom services
- experience with configuration management tools, Puppet preferred
- proficient with Apache and Nginx configuration, operation, and performance tuning
- extensive experience with AWS design patterns and multi-tiered networks
- deep understanding of AWS services including EC2, ELB, AutoScaling, ECS, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, IAM, EFS, ElastiCache, API Gateway, SQS
- ability to manage and troubleshoot MySQL databases and RDS instances
- experience with CI/CD using tools like AWS CodeDeploy, Atlassian Bamboo, or Jenkins
- proficient with IT security best practices and secure systems design
- strong understanding of IP networking/routing, DNS, VPC networks, Security Groups, Route53
- comfortable with version control, specifically Git and Mercurial
- scripting experience in BASH, PHP, node.js, and/or Python.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- previous team leadership & people management experience
- strong communication skills, easily approachable, collaborative attitude
- excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities
- attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, capacity for data retention
- self-motivated and willing to own projects seeing them to completion.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.