Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Scrum Master is a member of cross-functional teams responsible for ensuring the work of the team is planned and on track. The Scrum Master ensures team health is monitored and takes action to improve when necessary, contributes to team decisions, and identifies, resolves or escalates barriers to success.
- Facilitate the flow of work through the team
- Facilitate core Agile ceremonies within the cross-functional team including work planning, daily stand-ups, and team retrospectives
- Ensure a high level of communication within the team and with stakeholders
- Actively monitor the progress of work through their teams and understand details at an appropriate level
- Manage expectations inside and outside the team while stories are created and sized for entry to and during delivery
- Identify, resolve or escalate impediments to success in a timely manner
- Facilitate team health through conflict resolution within the delivery team and with the broader team
- Partner with the Product Owner, Software Development Manager, Architect, and Program Manager to ensure that initiative strategy will produce the desired business outcomes
- Coordinate and collaborate with other product teams as it relates to project dependencies
- Report and effectively communicate progress via reports including velocity, weekly status, retrospective themes, etc.
- Develop the cross-functional team
- Coach Agile teams in the Agile Arts
- Leverage measurement and metrics to promote team improvement
- Lead the team in identifying and implementing productivity improvements
- Participate in the evolution of the Dealer Inspire Agile framework that includes Continuous Delivery, Lean, and Extreme Programming. Communicate and train teams on changes to frameworks and tools
- Coach team in becoming as self-sufficient as possible
- Actively monitor team-health, proactively lead team building and resolve issues when present
- Participate in personal growth activities
- Stay current in agile and software development trends
- Expand personal knowledge of the Agile Arts
- Proactively seek areas for personal growth
- Expertise in Agile Practices (Emphasis on Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and XP is desirable)
- Exposure to Software Development (Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing)
- Proficiency in a Story Management Tool (JIRA and Confluence are desirable)
- Proficiency in Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Portfolio, Service Desk, Confluence)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including moderation, facilitation, presentation, and conflict management
- Agile/Scrum Alliance related certification (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Practitioner, PMI-ACP)
- 3+ years Scrum Master experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience in a software development environment
- Experience in web-based software and mobile development environments is a plus.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Work from home Fridays
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- 401k plan with company match
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.