Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. Company is hiring!
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
- Design and create our native Android applications
- Create super clean, well-structured, testable, high-quality code
- Follow, recommend improvements to, and promote the use of Dealer Inspire process standards.
- Participate in cross functional teams to foster collaboration within and outside of business operations.
- Drive documentation lifecycle for client and technology-specific areas.
- Courteously communicate with clients, as required.
- Work with our team to develop best-in-class mobile apps for public consumption
- Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration from discovery through launch
- Provide guidance to designers and producers to ensure that applications follow best practices and meet requirements
- Execute complex designs, reflecting the creative and art direction provided within established technical frameworks
- Ensure a high level of code quality
- Provide input on internal code practices, design, architecture, and maintenance
- Solid Android development experience with both mobile and tablet devices
- Have sound object-oriented programming skills
- Have demonstrated experience building applications that have a strong emphasis on UI/UX
- Strong communication skills
- Work well with others - approachable and collaborative
- Deep understanding of the intricacies of the Android platform
- Up-to-date knowledge of Google Play Store Guidelines Experience in launching and maintaining the lifecycle of a mobile app
- Git (or other source control)
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT experience or 3+ years of IT Experience and a Bachelor's degree in a technically relevant field
- Minimum of 2+ years of Android development experience (Links to apps released in the Google Play store will receive extra attention!!)
- Technical certifications are a plus.
- Community involvement in open source projects is a plus..