We are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together.
Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 20 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. We continue to make impactful influence in the social media, advertising and e-commerce fields. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding to Hong Kong, Japan, and the APAC market.
As a Product Designer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build products that matter. If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an experience that connects people all around the world!
About our Product Design team
As a Product Designer at Dcard, you will be designing products for millions of users. You’ll work with a team with a scale of 10+ members, and embrace the culture of “Always share why”. Through regular 1 on 1 meetings, we understand and support each member's career expectations and development, help our members make a greater impact within our team.
You will work with the User Researcher, Product Manager and Engineer to develop products in the field of social networks, e-commerce, advertisement, and the transnational market. Besides product development, you will optimize user experience, creating interfaces and features that all kinds of users will love.
You will be involved in the team to:
Design Team (Function Team)
- Work with other Product Designers in the team to maintain product design quality and experience, and to develop and maintain design system.
- Focus on personal and team growth, proactively share new technologies, ideas, and tools, and actively explore multiple design solutions and optimize the design process.
- Organize cross-team discussions and drive medium to large scale and long term process optimization within the design team
- Maintain high level of communication with the design team to understand product roadmap and coordinate resources within the team if needed.
Development team (Delivery Team)
- Familiar with tools such as Adobe XD, ClickUp, Quip, Figma, etc
- Understand the future product strategy and objectives, know the target metrics of the current delivery team.
- Work with Product Manager to clarify the requirement objectives, discuss whether the development plan can achieve the project objectives, plan the product features and start the design process.
- Work independently within the development team to complete projects, propose impactful design solutions based on Design System, solve problems and achieve related goals; and be able to lead cross-project discussions and solutions.
- Solve problems that occur in development, analyze the pros & cons of different implementations, and apply the most suitable method.
We expect an excellent Product Designer to have:
- 3~5 years of experience in iOS/Android/Web Design
- Familiar with interface design tools such as Illustrator, Adobe XD and Figma and also understanding the Prototypes Production
- Experience in working with more than 3 designers to develop and optimize design system and process.
- Familiar with the design and development process, executed all design stages of product features from idea to launch.
- Familiar with design system of different platforms on Web/Android/iOS, and able to design for meeting the user experience.
- Possessing strong teamwork and communication skills, adept at utilizing empathy and collaborating effectively within the team (User Researcher, Product Manager, Engineer) in utilizing data analysis and the users’ perspective to understand the product, breaking down problems and identifying the causes behind them. And create an excellent user experience using the product’s given roadmap.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, able to use design tools (manuscript, wireframe) to create multiple design solutions and experience that meet the needs under constraints (which includes objectives, design system, time constraints).
- Maintaining an open mindset in the face of change and challenges, seeking ways to contribute to the organizational vision and goals, and exploring opportunities for personal growth.
It would be even better if you have the following skills:
- Excellent coaching skills, with previous experience assisting team designers in growth and development of their technical skills.
- Experience in driving design optimization projects within a team.
- Experience in user research.
- Product Design experience for business-to-business web platform.
- Strong business acumen and proficient analytical skills.
At Dcard, every member is equal, and we value and celebrate differences. We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment, giving respect to every member. We believe that equality and diversity can bring infinite possibilities for innovation. Dcard maintains a non-discriminatory employment environment, giving equal opportunity to all candidates.