Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 20 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we’ve also launched our product in the Hong Kong and Japan market and now we’re continuing exploring new markets.
We need a Country Manager_Malaysia to join us and plan the go-to-market strategy, work cross culturally and ensure success in our new ambitions. If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an experience that connects people all around the world!
About Our Malaysia Team
Thousands of people share their stories on Dcard everyday. The Malaysia team is a part of the Overseas Team, working alongside our Hong Kong and Japan teams. You will also work with Market Research, Advertising and Product Management teams to share our product on the global stage.
What’ll You Do
- Drive growth with Dcard product
- Drive the startup of new opportunities in Malaysia market
- Build the long term business model for Dcard in Malaysia market
- Long term strategic planning and execution, including growth, product, and business development of Dcard
- Identify long term risks of Dcard in Malaysia market, deduce possible solutions and execute them
- Market Insight
- Interpret user trends/insights and turn these into relevant growth strategies
- Interpret market trends/insights and turn these into relevant business development strategies
- Always keep track of the SNS market trend in Malaysia, such as newly launched SNS and new features launched on existing SNS
- Stakeholder management
- Build deep and meaningful relationships with all stakeholders, such as local agencies, recruitment partners, founders, the media, the government, etc.
- Actively coordinate with function team leaders (marketing, community, SNS, and product) to execute Japan market strategy
- Actively communicate with BU head and CEO on overall Malaysia market strategy, execution, and decision.
- Occasionally travel to Taipei headquarters
- Team management
- Actively work with HR to hire the best talent for Dcard Malaysia
- Build and optimize the team structure based on different stages of expansion in Malaysia market
- Leads and motivates the Malaysia Team members and drives smooth team operation
- Working experience
- At least 7 years of working experience in the SNS field (startup preferred)
- Leadership experience
- At least 2 years of leadership experience inspires the team and motivates the team to grow
- Proven track records of building and leading a cross-function team to achieve challenging business goals
- Relationship builder
- Strong relationship builder, particularly with regulators and potential partners in Malaysia
- Excellent communication skills to work with different departments and stakeholders
- Language requirement
- Business level English
- Living experience requirement
- Live in Malaysia for at least 5 years and have deep understanding of Malaysia culture
- Working environment
- Being able to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where critical thinking and innovation are important to achieve success.
- With a creative, strong, and analytical mind which allows you to identify key issues, proactively tackle problems, and always look for opportunities to optimize our working process.
- Able to think in both short term (1-3 years) and long term (5-10 years) in order to help Dcard succeed in Malaysia market
- Highly data-driven and able to identify insights from market, competitor, and user data to build recommendations on user growth.
- Domain knowledge
- Possess strong domain knowledge in social media or to C Internet Services in Malaysia
- Have deep understanding of Malaysia market
Nice to Have
- Dcard user
- Graduated from a university in Malaysia
- Able to speak Malay and Chinese
Why Join Us?
- We are an enthusiastic team at scale with a growth mindset and we are building up a fast-developing organization.
- We develop interesting products in multiple fields and different markets(e.g social media, advertising, e-commerce...stc), taking part in the creation of various new ideas, new products, or even new markets!
- We have a company culture of high-frequent communication and actively discuss and give feedback to each other.
- Any learning resources like books, lectures, or international conferences, can be accessed at any time since the spirit of Dcard is to keep learning.
- Our working atmosphere is flexible, which means you can adjust your work flexibly whether you are an engineer, designer or in other roles.
- We treasure every moment when we’re together. We hold parties and various sessions for everyone connect in our team.
- Work remotely or work in Taiwan office
- If we think there is an opportunity for collaboration we will contact you as soon as possible!
- Unsuitable candidates may not receive further notice.
At Dcard, every member is equal, and we value and celebrate differences. We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment, giving respect to every member. We believe that equality and diversity can bring infinite possibilities for innovation. Dcard maintains a non-discriminatory employment environment, giving equal opportunity to all candidates.