Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 18 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. We continue to make impactful influence in the social media, advertising and e-commerce fields. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding to Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia market.
As an Android Developer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build products that matter and create tools that accelerate growth. Join our team of developers to build the social network of the next generation. We code in a fresh monolithic repository and ship code every few hours, and most importantly, we're never afraid of using new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an experience that connects people all around the world!
About our Android Team
You’ll join a cross-functional team (which is called a delivery team at Dcard), working closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to develop either our social media, e-commerce, advertising or global products. You’ll face a lot of interesting challenges and work on reliable and maintainable products with high traffic. We focus on features and framework, and are not afraid to experiment with and embrace new tech stacks and tools to serve a better user experience.
What You'll Do
- Develop readable code that is testable, reusable and maintainable
- Focus on architecture, design and implementation in our Dcard App.
- Understand our product strategy and work with our product and design team to facilitate the roadmap and development of our app and services.
- Explore new tech stack/tools and various implementations or designs, focusing on improving our refactoring, testing and deployment processes.
What We’re Looking For
- Familiar with Kotlin and Android Jetpack
- Familiar with cross-device Android app development
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android apps to backend services
- Experience in implementing custom views
- Experience with source control tools like Git
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Demonstrated competence in conversational English
Bonus Points If You Have
- 2+ years of professional experience in Android development
- Experience in any open source projects
- The ability to understand our product/business needs and convert it into technical specs
- Familiar with Android framework design
- Experience in with UI/UX Design and Material Design
- Experienced in automated testing and CI/CD for mobile app
- Experienced in performance optimization
At Dcard, every member is equal, and we value and celebrate differences. We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment, giving respect to every member. We believe that equality and diversity can bring infinite possibilities for innovation. Dcard maintains a non-discriminatory employment environment, giving equal opportunity to all candidates.