We are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together.
Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 18 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. We continue to make impactful influence in the social media, advertising and e-commerce fields. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding to Hong Kong, Japan, and the APAC & LATAM market.
As an Architect at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build products that matter and create tools that accelerate growth. Join our team of developers to build the social network of the next generation. We code in a fresh monolithic repository and ship code every few hours, and most importantly, we're never afraid of using new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an experience that connects people all around the world!
About Our Backend Team
As a Backend Developer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with brilliant designers, product managers and developers to build products that matter and create tools that accelerate growth. Join our team to build the social network of the next generation. We use various tools to continuously deliver new ideas and implementations into production, and most importantly, we're enthusiastic about using new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
- Mainly use Go and Node.js.
- Applying microservices architecture with Kubernetes on GCP.
- Using various databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, ScyllaDB, Redis, etc., according to different requirements.
- Go service architecture is mainly based on Go Kit architecture, with in-house developed codegen tools and gRPC as the main communication framework.
- Using CircleCI for CI/CD, system testing and deployment more secure and stable.
About Our Team
- 20+ backend developers.
- Weekly meetings to discuss issues, tech stack & tools.
- Bi-weekly study group to learn new tech stack.
- Monthly engineering seminar.
- Regular system design review.
What You'll Do
- Fully understand the features and framework of our product.
- Handle high traffic issues and provide a smooth and stable user experience, including infrastructure & database setup and optimization, cache mechanism, data migration, etc
- Explore and introduce new tech stack(s) in line with our needs, and leave ample time for developers to conduct evaluations.
- Implement and optimize shared libraries and development tools.
- Develop readable and maintainable code in line with requirements.
- Participate in various learning discussions within the group, such as weekly meetings, study groups and design review meetings, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in backend development.
- Familiar with Golang and Node.js.
- Familiar with software development process and all the testing methods.
- Familiar with the system troubleshooting and efficiency adjustment.
- Familiar with database (PostgreSQL/MySQL/MariaDB) and NoSQL (MongoDB) database.
- Familiar with any Cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure).
- Familiar with Kubernetes and the related ecosystem.
- Be willing to participate in open-source community and try out open-source software.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in the development and maintenance of high traffic systems.
- Familiar with frontend development tech stack.
Our Recruiting Process
All processes are expected to be completed within 2-4 weeks, our hiring process is subject to adjustment based on individual circumstances:
- Online Interview - You’ll have a one-hour online interview with our team members, mostly related to past projects and coding questions.
- 1st Interview - You’ll have a 30-minute session with one of the Talent Operations Partners (HR), where we would want to get to know more about your experience and background, what you’re passionate about..etc. You’ll also have a coding interview with team members and leader.
- 2nd Interview - You’ll have a 30-minute interview with our CEO and another 30-minute interview with our Talent Operations Manager (HR Manager).