dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the role:
dbt has seen incredible traction across all market segments since its launch, and we're looking for a Regional VP Sales, APAC to join our rapidly growing team. You will hire and manage a team of Sales Directors who own the full sales cycle from Discovery and Evaluation through Implementation, Adoption, and ongoing usage of dbt. This person will be located in Australia.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Report directly to the VP of Sales and manage a team of 6-8 talented Sales Directors motivated to bring dbt to a fast-growing market
- Build a collaborative environment where your team can thrive, learn, and grow
- Build and improve processes for team member on-boarding and ramping
- Influence our playbook for Enterprise sales at dbt Labs
- Drive alignment with supporting teams across customer success, marketing, solutions architects, and professional services
- Set the strategy for some of our largest accounts
You are a good fit if you:
- 6+ years in successfully selling a technical product
- 3+ years of experience successfully managing high performing software sales teams
- Ability to understand and teach complex technical concepts
- Previous experience recruiting, retaining, and developing a team from the ground up
- Enjoy coaching and motivating others, leading by example while demonstrating humility
- Feel a deep sense of alignment with our company values
You'll have an edge if:
- Managed remote teams with demonstrated success
- Prior experience in analytics, data, and/or open-sourced software
- Experience going through a growth or hyper-growth stage
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Stake
- In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Two rounds of Team Interviews
- Working Session
- Final interview with one of our Values Carriers
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.