The Product Analytics team is focused on driving intelligence, value, and impact across Datto leveraging product telemetry. This is a dynamic team that works closely with product leadership to create rich data sets that can be consumed across the organization in a variety of ways from product adoption|health, market|competition, observability and strategic insights.
Product Data Engineer, is a technical product management role in Product Analytics focusing on our Security & Endpoint Products. In this role, you will lead the development & curation of internal data products for Security & Endpoints. This resource will be dedicated to synthesizing security centric data and intelligence across product telemetry. This role will be a mix of technical and product management responsibilities with a heavy emphasis on technical abilities to research, create & transform insights out of unstructured data.
You will play a key role supporting the planning, launch, and product intelligence insights needed for Datto Security products.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- This role will focus on developing & curating internal data products to produce rich data pipelines across Security & Endpoint Datto products
- Develop and maintain the security|endpoint telemetry roadmap
- Develop data products to programmatically mine & aggregate insights on market intelligence and emerging trends
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering & Business Intelligence to understand security themes and cross-product data needs.
- Developing and Maintaining Algorithms
- Universal Datto definitions for security identification/tagging algorithms
- Research tagging methodologies and research search terms and criteria
- Develop reporting framework to elevate potentially stale definitions
- External market and product research - understanding how security products are deployed and translate into detection logic
- Partner with Competitive Intelligence on joint analytics
- Partner with Product Management & Product Marketing on product launch analytics
- Market Trends & Customer Segmentation
- Launch ready adoption tracking for new product launches
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of Big Data technologies and solutions (Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, S3, Redshift, Snowflake etc.)
- 3+ years of industry experience in data engineering, business intelligence, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 2-3 years of technical product management experience or engineering experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and strong understanding of relational and non-relational database structures are required
- Must have working experience in one of the following: Spark, Python, R, Julia
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experienced with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power-Bi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
- Strong process and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to interface and maintain positive, constructive relationships with peers throughout the organization.
- Experience with managing backlogs in JIRA or related systems.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Excellent communication, organization, documentation, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, task prioritization and effective time management.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability.
- A team player with the ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, motivation, and a desire for continuous improvement.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.