As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
About the Datto Saas Protection Software team…
We’re a cross-location engineering team who partner closely with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products. We embrace Agile principles and bring these values to work each day. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success, and we embody these values to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
We’re looking for an experienced Staff Software Security Engineer who can help us design and build the next generation of products and features for Datto Saas Protection, to uphold our business continuity promise via Datto’s suite of SaaS application backup products. Typically, projects include working with managing large-scale cloud-to-cloud data flows, leveraging third-party APIs (e.g., Google, Microsoft) and development of new product features and capabilities. Software Engineer with familiarity of vulnerability exploitation methods and mitigation.
Practically, you would work on a cross-functional agile team including Product Management, Quality and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Furthermore, you will work with your team and others to architect solutions for ambitious, large-scale security initiatives. You should have experience with Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT). Also, a solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS. As well as familiarity with attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
Does This Describe You:
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- Understanding of Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT)
- Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS
- Understanding of attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
More About Datto
- Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.