As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We are looking for a hands on manager to lead our Data Engineering team.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Work on a fast-paced, cutting edge data warehouse stack using Snowflake database on AWS and airflow to bring disparate data sets from across the enterprise for rich analytics and machine learning
- Build and manage a Data Engineering team, including performance management, goal setting, career coaching, etc.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to the team
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to ensure successful data warehouse development and utilization
- Create and lead best practices in design, execution, process and delivery
- Demonstrate management & leadership dimension; work with & through others, as part of a global team, to meet group objectives & deadlines. Display excellent interpersonal, communication & leadership skills
- Experience leading a data engineering team
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Experience with Airflow, Python, Spark, DBT, Terraform, Snowflake, Git, CI/CD, AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, etc.)
- Deep technical skills, including architecture/design, data modeling, and developing services
- Creative critical thinker and problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and have the flexibility to change course based on business needs or environmental conditions
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.